Financial Consultant/Underwriter - Employee Benefits
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected-through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a-kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
WHY CHOOSE HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- have a desire to help others protect their future
- have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
The Financial Consultant / Underwriter identifies, reviews, evaluates and prices risk for clients and prospects based in HUB international's Pacific Region. Provides support and direction to account teams on short and long-term planning and overall consulting strategy and approach.
- Reviews, collects and analyzes client specific information including financial condition, employee demographics and previous claim experience to determine risk, potential benefit features and premium equivalent rates for self-funded groups.
- Assists with review of client specific underwriting and renewal negotiations on fully-insured groups.
- Performs fully insured to self-funded analyses.
- Assists as necessary in the negotiation of benefit plan designs and financial assumptions with client service team on new and renewal business.
- Assists client teams with financial strategies and long range financial projections.
- Assists in developing client contribution strategies.
- Conducts plan design modeling using carrier provided or actuarial developed increments or decrements.
- Assists with review of Stop Loss marketing and appropriate designs.
- Assists with review of Pharmacy carve out and design.
- Updates underwriting databases as appropriate and maintains understanding of current trends and products.
- Develops standard reports such as IBNR and experience reports as needed.
- Reviews and interprets ad hoc reports as requested and produces ongoing reports for both fully insured and self-funded clients.
- Provides underwriting and financial knowledge sharing and education to clients, peers, and/or members of the sales and client service teams.
- Completes peer review and assists with overflow of financial and underwriting work as needed from client service teams.
- Creative development and use of new strategies and approaches.
- Assist sales and production teams (client meetings, prospect presentations, speaking opportunities)
- 10-15 years of related employee benefits underwriting and benefits experience and/or training (consulting, brokerage, carrier, or reinsurance background).
- Working knowledge of underwriting and actuarial principles and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference will be given to candidates with brokerage or insurance carrier underwriting or account management experience.
#LI-NM1 Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 7-10 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top