Financial Accounting Analyst
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance brokerage providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Ranked 7th among the world's largest insurance brokers, the company has done over 400 acquisitions to date, ranging in revenues up to $100 million and has over 450 offices and 10,000 employees across North America. The company is headquartered in Chicago and is currently owned by Hellman & Friedman.
Located in Woodbury, NY on Long Island, this position will report to the Assistant Controller in maintaining the general ledger and participating in month end close activities.
- Maintain general ledger and input the monthly activities from divisions into Oracle ERP systems
- Participate in the month end closing process, including preparation of journal entries, P&L review and monthly forecasting
- Review and ensure proper expense coding
- Provide analytical analysis on monthly variance to budget and prior year
- Assist with the annual budget preparation.
- Various other ad-hoc analyses and special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2+ years accounting experience
- Highly proficient in MS Excel skill is required
- Experience in Oracle financial reporting tools is a plus
- Detail oriented is essential
- Ability to work under tight deadlines & must be able to work overtime if necessary
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top