About HUB International
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
About the Position
Based in Burnaby, BC and reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Manager will be part of the Western Canadian CFO team, with personnel in Burnaby, Chilliwack and Manitoba. The successful applicant willoversee the financial accounting for their assigned region(s), maintaining strong accounting procedures and financial controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day to day accounting related to the EPIC (broker management, Workday (HRIS), and Oracle (general ledger) systems.
- Lead the region's interface with Hub's centralized accounting centre for all functions (premium payables, direct bill invoicing, cash applications, and general ledger compliance).
- Manage the monthly close process
- Lead interface with Hub Corporate
- Manage and lead the integration of all accounting for M&A transitions
- Provide financial analysis of results to all appropriate parties on a quality, accurate and timely basis
- Proactively determine the information needs of business leaders and provide it on a quality, accurate and timely basis
- Lead all financial analysis and research related activities
- Manage Region's Senior Financial Analyst
- Prepare Producer commission reports and work closely with the Producers to ensure their compensation is accurately calculated and reflected in the GL
- Protect the assets of the Company through the development and maintenance of effective and efficient internal controls
- Serve as internal business consultant on issues relating to profitability, internal controls, planning, budgeting and system enhancements
- Supervision of GAAP accounting, statutory reporting, tax and financial compliance including participation on Corporate steering committees
- Manage and lead the annual budget preparation process
- Consolidation reporting to the Corporate office
- Management of Internal Audit compliance
- Assist the CFO on projects as assigned.
- CPA (CA, CGA or CMA) required with at least seven years post-qualifying experience including time in industry
- Highly proficient MS Excel skills
- Property & casualty insurance industry experience an asset, but not essential
- Big Four or large regional CPA firm, including manager level or above client responsibilities
- Overall accounting operations experience; SOX environment background; statutory reporting and compliance experience in multi-state environment
- Significant experience with an ERP application
- Advanced ability to effectively communicate with all company stakeholders both internal and external
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and willingness to work overtime, particularly during the month-end close and budget process
Location: Canada, British Columbia, Burnaby
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 5-7 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 13-Jul-2018
Department: Accounting & Finance
Back to top