In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development . Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- have a desire to help others protect their future
- have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
In this hybrid role, you will be responsible for soliciting new business, as well as servicing existing accounts. You will prospect for business based on warm leads procured from a strategic partnership we have developed with a local employer. You will also provide professional, courteous account management and brokerage services to assigned clients, having the primary responsibility for account retention. You shall be principally responsible for overseeing management of assigned accounts, including redundant interface with appropriate decision makers, proactive consultation, insurance program design, carrier interface/marketing, coordination of risk control resources, relevant collaboration with colleagues throughout HUB, and negotiation of coverage terms and conditions. HUB will provide the requisite support and services for quoting, proposal production, and client/prospect-facing materials.
In this role, you will:
- Partner and build trust with HUB's strategic partner relationship
- Generate and pursue new client opportunities
- Identify and develop new clients in conjunction with HUB's strategic partnership
- Present our services and solutions at prospect meetings
- Bring new business prospects to closure
- Retain clients by maintaining solid business-to-business relationships
- Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with "C-Level" and other cognizant decision makers for assigned HUB clients
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of HUB's core business partners and their products
- Educate clients on HUB's value, services, and offerings
- Work with clients to ensure the optimal coverage is offered, including quoting, and/or follow-up
- Possess a detailed knowledge of the client's business and industry, being able to articulate applicable exposures to loss, insurance coverages, and appropriate/available risk management/control solutions
- Directly oversee and coordinate the delivery of all HUB services to assigned clients throughout the policy cycle, including stewardship reports, delivery of risk control services, carrier meetings, claims reviews, preparation of coverage outlines, and marketing of emergent and renewal coverage requests
- Ensure that all client service needs are promptly and professionally delivered; you are accountable for the competence, timeliness, and quality of all deliverables to the client
- Conduct annual review w/clients making coverage and loss control recommendations focused on reducing the clients total cost of risk
- Identify opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of other HUB products and services when appropriate for the clients' needs, initiating same. At all times, be knowledgeable about and document what other insurance products and services the clients are purchasing through other providers and who those providers are
- Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with cognizant insurance carrier marketing, underwriting, and risk control staff, including a detailed familiarity with each carrier's products and services in support of assigned clients
- Maintain and update HUB's client database/regulatory updates
- Possess knowledge of HUB systems, procedures, and state/federal insurance regulations
- Attend and participate in ongoing education for industry knowledge
- Be actively involved with professional and/or civic associations on behalf of HUB
- Independent self-starting skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present over various platforms and software systems
- Prior sales experience, preferably within insurance
- 2-5 years of employee benefits experience
- Current Ohio Life & Health Insurance License
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good listening skills and ability to determine clients' needs efficiently
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High School diploma required, though Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience with influencing C-level executives
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail
- Strong leadership, mentoring, and team-building skills
- Significant skill in handling competing demands and projects
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and delegate responsibility
- Willingness to travel
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.