Employee Benefits Marketing Assistant - Small Group
HUB International is a top 10 global insurance broker providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. HUB has more than 400 offices across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico with more than 10,000 employees.
Our regional offices throughout North America are dedicated to helping individuals and businesses evaluate and manage their risks and insurance needs. We are a company dedicated to superior customer service with employees committed to adding value to every client activity.
Purpose of Position:
Supports Employee Benefits Specialist in the marketing, sale, and administration of group products.
- Prepare requests for proposal (RFPs).Prepare client proposals for current clients and prospects utilizing word-processing, database, vendor information and spreadsheets.
- Must have working knowledge of all lines of Group Benefits products in order to review and prepare proposals.
- Maintain current and accurate prospect, client, and vendor database and hard files.
- Communicate case status with Producer, Employee Benefit Specialist(s), Account Manager(s), Administrative Assistant(s) and Clients.
- Prepare detailed analysis of bids received.
- Sales and service of Individual Insurance policies
- Assure sold business cases are completed and filed.
- Prepare reports including group prospect, renewal, commissions, products and sales.
- Resolve Client questions and problems in absence of Producer.
- Remain current on new products and marketing concepts.Attend continuing education courses and miscellaneous seminars to obtain and/or maintain Group I license.
- Travel to prospect and client location as required for obtaining signatures, policy/contract delivery and problem resolution.
Experience / Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma; 2 - 4 years of related college experience preferred.
- Must have 2-3 years experience in Group Benefits Marketing.
- Knowledgeable of proposal software packages, group life and health insurance products, formal presentation packages, death benefits, life insurance application processing and policy servicing.
- Group I Life & Health Insurance license required (or obtained within 90 days of employment).
Skill and Quality Requirements:
- Computer and office equipment experience:
-Word-processing Software (Word)
-Database (Agency Expert)
-General office equipment including copier, fax, 10-key calculator, binder and phone.
- Good data entry skills: typing 45 wpm.
- Spreadsheet development (simple formulas).
- Proposal software installation and utilization.
- Proposal preparation (utilizing word-processor and/or computerized presentation packages).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and presentation):
-Formal presentation preparation skills.
-Ability to speak with clients with poise, voice control, and confidence, using correct English and well-modulated voice.
-Ability to prepare business letters, memos, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
-Leadership, team and customer service attitude.
-Decision making ability; use independent thinking as needed
- Must be attentive to detail and produce accurate work.
- Must be dependable and flexible in changing priorities with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Extensive periods of sitting and keyboard/computer work.
- Communicates with individuals over the phone and in person.
- May lift packages weighing up to 20 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These qualifications are considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. If this position requires licensing or certification, the incumbent must maintain that license or certification by meeting all continuing education and other requirements.
Location: United States, Texas, Dallas
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 22-May-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top