Employee Benefits Financial Consultant
Financial Consultant, Employee Benefits │ HUB International
About HUB and this role:
At HUB International, we are a team of entrepreneurs. We believe in empowering our clients, and we do so by protecting businesses and individuals in our local communities. We help businesses evaluate their risks and develop solutions tailored to their needs. We believe in empowering our employees. As a global firm, we offer employees resources in both technology and industry expertise, but still maintain the local flavor of our offices. Our structure enables our teams to maintain their own unique, regional culture.
Our team is growing, and we are looking for a Financial Consultant in our Employee Benefits department. As a member of the financial consulting team, you will be responsible for providing financial consulting to a subset of HUB clients as determined by the department manager. The focus of the position is to provide analytics, financial analysis, and return on investment solutions; primarily for self-funded and ASO clients.
You will work with team members throughout the various HUB Carolinas offices to assist with the delivery and presentation of cost management data and associated solutions that provide bottom line impact to Hub's clients. You will play a consultative role in prospective client RFP responses and finalist presentations, as well as client renewal presentations where and when appropriate.
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for providing detailed and accurate financial consulting on a growing block of business to Hub's clients; particularly their HR and C-suite level representatives
• Produce and effectively present client-facing financial reporting to include; regular reporting, independent underwriting and renewal analysis, renewal projections, IBNR estimation, actuarial analysis and budgeting
• Be expected to manage multiple deadlines and workflows within a fast-paced, team environment while maintaining high levels of communications both internally and with clients
• Assist in developing, enhancing and maintaining underwriting methods and techniques
• Become familiar with and develop skill set around data analytics
• Maintain comprehensive knowledge of carrier products and networks, cost management solutions and various funding mechanisms
• Lead carrier negotiations
• Contribute to enhancement of client services/sales by being well informed and maintaining a familiarity with industry trends
What you offer us:
• BA/BS or technical degree preferred; High School Diploma required
• 3 - 5 years of experience in employee benefits consulting; preferably with in depth knowledge of various funding types, underwriting, pharmacy and stop loss contracts as well as cost management solutions like direct primary care, value based payments, onsite/near site clinics and captives
• 2-5 years of experience preferred working as an underwriter or with an underwriting unit
• Strong in analytics, mathematics, problem-solving and negotiation skill sets
• Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel as well as other MS Office products
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced team environment
• Must be detail-oriented, well-organized and have the ability to manage a high volume workload with competing demands
• Ability to travel to all Gulf South office locations and client sites as needed
• Valid Life/Health Insurance Producer License preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially:
o Be a dynamic presenter of HUB's analytic services to current and prospective clients
o Be a confident and articulate advocate of Hub clients in negotiating and disputing rate actions with carrier underwriters
o Be able to clearly explain to C-suite staff that may be limited in knowledge regarding the formulas and process by which renewals, reporting, and IBNR are generated.
What we offer you:
• A rewarding consulting career in the healthcare industry and local business community
• Medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401k matching program, Health Savings Account funding, and voluntary insurance options
• Generous time-off policies
• A work/life balance because that's important for all of us
• Opportunities to learn from, mentor and be mentored by your coworkers
• Growth- HUB is growing, and so can your career
• Be part of a motivated team and a strong company culture focused on innovation and cooperation for the benefit of everyone
Location: United States, North Carolina, Greensboro
Location: United States, North Carolina, Raleigh
Location: United States, North Carolina, Charlotte
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Date published: 13-Apr-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top