Employee Benefits Client Manager
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- have a desire to help others protect their future
- have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
The Client Manager will support the Consultant as the day-to-day contact in providing strategic account management and brokerage services to assigned health and welfare benefit plan (EB) clients, having the primary responsibility of making Consultants more efficient. The Client Manager is viewed as a team player who helps the Consultant with meeting planning, benchmarking, marketing, timely release of reporting to clients, annual notices, contract reviews, and maintaining internal systems/checklists. Travel to meet and present to clients is required.
The Client Manager will interface with Consultants and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) directly for assigned clients, involving leveraging individuals appropriately in service related activities to support client needs. In general, the Client Manager will support Consultants with executing strategies, preparing materials/reports, keeping internal systems up to date, and acting as the day-to-day contact for clients. Consultants will lead service teams to provide overall strategy to clients within an assigned book of business. SMEs will support the Consultant and Client Manager with coordinating/presenting materials related to specific topics.
In this role, you will:
- Respond promptly and professionally to the service needs of clients and Consultants (internal customers).
- Assist Consultants in adding lines of coverage to existing accounts.
- Market coverage via RFP process, organize responses, and produce spreadsheets and other related items while verifying their accuracy.
- Work with clients to deliver employee communications and open enrollment materials.
- Send clients monthly financial reports with comments.
- Prepare renewals, contact clients for updated information, create renewal proposals, and handle other renewal activities in coordination with the Consultant.
- Assist Consultants in client renewal changes, such as new carrier implementation, adding new products, etc.
- Prepare meeting summaries and follow-up items, making sure all follow-up items are addressed.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of the client's business and industry.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with cognizant insurance carriers and key vendor partners, including a detailed familiarity with carrier and key vendor partner products and services in support of assigned clients.
- Broad knowledge of insurance products and usages and ability to work independently.
- Maintain required internal client filings.
- Ensure that all client service needs are promptly and professionally delivered.
- Possess a mastery of the various HUB resources and tools that are available via "HUB Today."
- Have knowledge about and comply with HUB systems, procedures, and state/federal insurance regulations.
- Maintain applicable licensing by participating in continuing education.
- Possess a strong ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, which will include the ability to design and deliver effective group presentations using various media to the client.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work. The principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs arise
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 1 year of EB brokerage experience servicing 100+ clients
- Current Pennsylvania Life, Accident, and Health License
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- High energy, detail-oriented self-starter
- Significant skill in handling competing demands and projects
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and delegate responsibility
- Strong and efficient time management skills
- A rewarding job that helps local businesses in the community
- Medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401k matching program, Health Savings Account funding, and voluntary insurance options
- Generous time-off policies (2 weeks of vacation + Personal/Sick/Floating Holidays)
- A work/life balance because that's important for all of us
- Learn from the expertise of your coworkers
- Growth- HUB is growing, and so can your career
- Be part of a motivated team
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top