Employee Benefits Claims Advocate
At HUB International, we are a team of entrepreneurs. We believe in empowering our clients, and we do so by protecting businesses and individuals in our local communities. We help businesses evaluate their risks and develop solutions tailored to their needs. We believe in empowering our employees. As a global firm, we offer employees resources in both technology and industry expertise, but we still maintain the local flavor of our offices. Our structure enables our teams to maintain their own unique, regional culture.
The Claims Advocate will provide professional, courteous service to our customers, producers, and company personnel. With a positive attitude, the Claims Advocate will provide a high level of support in obtaining, maintaining, expanding, and servicing our employee benefits clients with regard to their claims. The Claims Advocate will work with the account management teams to maintain synergy among HUB corporate goals, carrier requirements, and the needs of our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Respond promptly and professionally to the service needs of our customers
- Apply independent critical thinking and acumen to assist members with their claims issues
- Act as point person for member claims inquiries, issues and concerns
- Handle and coordinate elevated member claims issue resolution with confidence and a sense of urgency
- Advocate on behalf of members with health plan disputes by assisting with appeals and grievances
- Maintain accurate data entry in Benefit Point for our customers
- Directly communicate with members to advocate clients' interest in all claims matters
What you offer us:
- High School diploma required, though college degree preferred
- 2-5 years of employee benefits experience, preferably within an agency or insurance carrier
- Experience working with computers in Windows environment
- Strong MS Office skills, e.g. MS Word and MS Excel
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor at all times, including during highly charged situations
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License
What we offer you:
- A rewarding job that helps local businesses in the community
- Medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401k matching program, Health Savings Account funding, and voluntary insurance options
- Generous time-off policies (2 weeks of vacation + Personal/Sick/Floating Holidays)
- A work/life balance because that's important for all of us
- Learn from the expertise of your coworkers
- Growth- HUB is growing, and so can your career
- Be part of a motivated team
Location: United States, Colorado, Denver
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 31-May-2018
Department: Claims Management
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top