Employee Benefits Assistant Plan Analyst
The Assistant Analyst/Account Administrator works closely with the Plan Analyst/Producer/Account Executive in marketing and presentation of renewal and new Employee Benefit Plans . Assist the Account Manager with the day to day customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Plan Analysts or Producer/AE for specific training and mentoring
- Assist other Plan Analysts or Producer/AE in marketing/renewal process
- Request marketing data from clients and/or carriers
- Assist in analyzing quotes received to determine best options
- Produce spreadsheets and reports using applicable computer applications
- Assist with new enrollments and terminations as directed by Account Manager
- Acquire working knowledge of BMS (Benefit Point)
- Enter and maintain group and policy information in BMS (BenefitPoint) as direct by Account Manager
- Working knowledge of carrier websites
- Update client records on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Assists in creating presentation materials for clients
- Work closely with Producer/AE/Plan Analysts throughout annual renewal and/or new business process providing administrative support and analysis skills to meet case timeline targets
- Assist in negotiation renewal increases and options
- Communicate with carriers in gathering information on new products and market changes and assist with ancillary product presentations to clients
- Answer phones, providing information and receiving information to/from clients for Producer/AE
- Input timely and accurate information/documentation in BMS (BenefitPoint)
- Back up and support Plan Analysts/ Producer/Account Executive, to meet deadlines
- Cross-train in various other areas, as identified by Team
- Assist with special projects, as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must follow HUB Broker Standards
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Team Work – Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Quality Management – Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Project Management – Ability to lead a team and adhere to deadlines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Education
- 1-3 Years Office Experience (Accounting Experience a Plus)
- Bachelor's Degree desired, but not required
- L & H License desired, but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision. Some travel required by car to meet with clients and other outside events.
Must hold a valid Driver's License
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers and teammates.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a big plus.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Power Point; follow guidelines on working in the BMS (BenefitPoint) for premium efficiency with your team.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top