Employee Benefits Analyst
At HUB International, we are a team of entrepreneurs. We believe in empowering our clients, and we do so by protecting businesses and individuals in our local communities. We help businesses evaluate their risks and develop solutions tailored to their needs. We believe in empowering our employees. As a global firm, we offer employees resources in both technology and industry expertise, but we still maintain the local flavor of our offices. Our structure enables our teams to maintain their own unique, regional culture.
Our team is growing, and we are seeking a Benefits Analyst to add to our team in Pittsburgh. The Benefits Analyst (BA) will support the Client Manager (CM) and Benefits Consultant (BC) in the day-to-day needs of the business. Typical functions include a mix of tactical work, Benefits information preparation, and special projects as necessary. The BA is responsible for following the Client Annual Timeline (CAT) and completing all tasks in a timely manner. The main goal of the BA is to do anything and everything possible to keep the CM and BC in front of the client. The career path for a Benefits Analyst is a future promotion to a Client Manager role after 1-2 years of learning and good performance.
In this role, you will:
- Respond promptly and professionally to the service needs of internal customers- CMs and BCs (Client Managers and Benefits Consultants)
- Assist during the marketing/RFP Process - Gather information, send a request to the market, address questions, organize responses, and produce comparisons along with other related items. Accuracy is critical. The initial results will be provided to the CM for discussion and peer review
- Load internal presentation software with accurate information
- Prepare benchmarking analysis
- Assist in the creation and peer review of spreadsheets
- Assist in the peer review process of Analytics Reports and Underwriting Calculations
- Keep the internal system of record, BenefitPoint, 100% up-to-date and accurate
What you offer us:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Willingness to obtain PA LAH license.
- Willingness to complete tactical work while learning the Employee Benefits business.
- An achiever - driven to accomplish the goals set before him/her.
- Excellent computer skills - comfortable using technology to gain efficiencies and simplify tasks.
- Highly organized and accurate, including the ability to prioritize and manage his/her time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Independent thinker - offering suggestions for new and improved processes.
- Handles many simultaneous projects efficiently and effectively.
- Operates in a fast-paced, energetic environment and welcomes change.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Contributes to and flourishes in a team environment.
What we offer you:
- A rewarding job that helps local businesses in the community
- Medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401k matching program, Health Savings Account funding, and voluntary insurance options
- Generous time-off policies (vacation + Personal/Sick/Floating Holidays)
- A work/life balance because that's important for all of us
- Learn from the expertise of your coworkers
- Growth- HUB is growing, and so can your career
- Be part of a motivated team
Location: United States, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 9-Apr-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top