Employee Benefits Account Manager
At HUB International, we are a team of entrepreneurs. We believe in empowering our clients, and we do so by protecting businesses and individuals in our local communities. We help businesses evaluate their risks and develop solutions tailored to their needs. We believe in empowering our employees. As a global firm, we offer employees resources in both technology and industry expertise, but we still maintain the local flavor of our offices. Our structure enables our teams to maintain their own unique, regional culture.
The Employee Benefits Account Manager markets and services accounts in accordance with company objectives and procedures; complements advisor responsibilities for new business development and existing client perpetuation, and is expected to maintain a book of accounts based on location practice.
In this role, you will:
- Assist Employee Benefits Producer with request for insurance coverage quotes from insurance companies for organizational groups (business, nonprofits, etc.).
- Complete comparisons, benefit/cost analysis and reports for advisor's and team's review and discussion per established procedures and practice.
- Policy data entered into electronic system accurately and kept current within time guidelines established by procedure and practice.
- On renewals, process changes or amendments to coverage/policy during and after policy review and application process. Oversee internal activity in posting, handling and filing to ensure accurate and timely completion.
- Responsible to communicate with other team members and assist advisor to ensure timely follow-up on group and individual renewal dates. Regularly maintain and follow-up on x-dates with broker 45-60 days prior to renewal dates.
- Responsible for maintenance of proper documentation and timely follow-up for resolution with insurance companies and insureds on problems with policy services, claims or coverage concerns.
- Assist producer in insurance business, quotes, and other such matters as may be directed from time to time by established procedures and practice.
- Respond to inquiries from insureds on changes or amendments to coverage/policy.
- Schedule with producer quarterly reviews of group insurance status, needs, and problem resolution - whether in person or by mail/fax/phone.
- Timely print-out, review and distribute information and reports (changes, quotes, commissions, etc) on status and activity on individual and group plans to ensure prompt attention and appropriate involvement by broker.
- Prepare and maintain accurate quote comparison sheets on each insurance company for review and use in determining coverage costs and benefits.
- Key detailed claims activity and costs into electronic programs as established by internal procedures and practice. Properly and timely complete all data entry monthly for report generation to self-funded groups.
- Maintain proper documentation and filing of correspondence and activity with insurance company and insured on problem claims. Provide some training to those who assist in tracking and resolution of claims issues.
- Internal correspondence on active work assignments responded to and kept current with advisors, other member and management on a regular and consistent basis.
- Perform routine review and analysis of documentation, insurance applications and policy issuance files for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain knowledge of all lines of coverage.
- Follow agency procedures and insurance company regulations.
- Maintain awareness of market conditions, changes, and current legislation.
- Attend meeting as scheduled. Follow-up identified and work assigned to update and complete work in progress and records information.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Provide training/mentoring to Customer Service Representatives.
- Life & Health 215 license
- Understand and analyze insurance coverage's, forms, and policies.
- Above average mathematical skills and ability to rate insurance policies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Organize, set, and maintain priorities.
- Work with little supervision.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top