Employee Benefits Account Manager
Hub International is a top 10 global insurance broker providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Our regional offices throughout North America are dedicated to helping individuals and businesses evaluate and manage their risks and insurance needs.
Acts as the primary contact and facilitator for clients with respect to all activities related to consulting, marketing, implementing, communicating, and administering group insurance and related benefit plans and products. Account Manager is assigned specific clients and is Cowan's liaison with client's management/decision makers. Account Manager is responsible for monitoring the quality of the services Cowan provides to the client, including but not limited to: brokerage/marketing services, communications and outsourcing/administrative services,
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university plus a minimum of two to four years' experience in group benefits (Broker or Carrier background); Associates Degree (A.S.) from two-year College plus four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of group insurance concepts and practices including but not limited to fully insured, self-insured or other financial funding arrangements of medical, dental, life, and disability plans; health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, and heath reimbursement accounts. Knowledge and understanding of ancillary insurance plans or voluntary benefit plans or other related vendor/administrator financial arrangements.
- Understanding of group insurance administrative responsibilities including eligibility and enrollment requirements, functions and execution methods; and, billing practices.
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Computer experience including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point); understanding of the function of databases; Microsoft Outlook or similar email/calendar/task software.
- Experience using carrier based quoting software.
- Use of Ascentis HR (HRIS) and Web-based agency management system Zywave.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
State Life and Health Insurance License required. Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation is favorable.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top