Employee Benefits Account Manager
This role requires an individual who is professional and who displays the drive, determination, and self-motivation to build a business. Specifically, the responsibilities of the Account Manager will be to service and maintain existing accounts, while identifying opportunities for increasing business.
- Manages a book of employee benefits business, while acting with a high degree of independent discretion, autonomy and decision-making.
- Provides professional and courteous service to clients, carrier representatives, business partners, and HUB colleagues, resulting in a rate of account retention that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Interfacing with Account Executives, provides a high level of support to Producers in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business.
- Identifies opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of HUB products and services when appropriate for the clients' needs.
- Works independently as well as cooperatively and professionally with Producers and Service personnel to deliver all HUB services to assigned clients throughout the policy cycle.This includes but is not limited to stewardship reports, risk control services, preparation of coverage outlines/proposals, claims reviews, and marketing of emergent and renewal coverage requests.
- Either directly or cooperatively with HUB colleagues, produces binders, certificates, endorsements and other policy related documents in a timely manner while verifying their accuracy.
- Acquires understanding of clients' insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability.Stays abreast of changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact clients.Makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to those changes, independent of manager approval.
- Acts as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to resolve escalated complex service issues that require policy interpretation and experience based judgment to resolve.May also negotiate with underwriters and carriers.Troubleshoots claims and billing issues.
- Manages, organizes, and conducts client meetings when necessary.
- Appropriately documents transactions with clients and carrier representatives, and updates broker management systems as required.Ensures the accuracy of data in those systems.
- Supports, mentors and trains lower level colleagues, as necessary.
- Attends industry related continuing education training and courses.
- Requisite insurance license.
- Two year college degree preferred, or comparable work experience in employee benefits (life & health).
- Strong ability to listen, discern, and prioritize with clients, colleagues and carrier representatives based on a thorough understanding of relevant issues.
- Experience working with self-funded plans and HRA
- Comprehend and follow instructions; maintain attention and concentration for necessary periods; carry out instructions (written, oral or diagrammatic); adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards; respond appropriately to changes in the work setting.
- Above average written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to utilize and be proficient in broker management systems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Location: United States, Michigan, Farmington Hills
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 13-Jun-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top