The Account Executive (AE) will provide professional, courteous account management and brokering services to assigned clients, having the primary responsibility for account retention. Working alongside cognizant Producers (aka "Client Executives / Sales") as assigned, the AE shall be principally responsible for overseeing management of assigned accounts, including redundant interface with appropriate decision makers, proactive consultation, benefits strategy design, carrier interface/marketing, coordination of resources, relevant collaboration with colleagues throughout HUB, and negotiation of coverage terms and conditions.
The AE will interface with Account Representatives directly for assigned accounts, involving assigned individuals appropriately in service-related activities in support of clients. In general, issues related to coverage applicability, exposure evaluation, contractual requirements, and program design fall within the domain of the AE. Issues related to policy processing, maintenance of client data on the Benefit Point agency management system, routine changes (e.g. resolving routine claims issues), and other transactional or clerical work generally fall within the domain of the Account Representative.
Responsibilities of the AE:
- Working alongside and cooperatively with Producers, if assigned on accounts, serve as HUB's primary consultant to the client. The Producer has primary responsibility for client relationship management and initiating new sales. The AE has primary responsibility for retaining the account, acting as the de facto technical expert and broker-consultant. (In some instances, no Producer will be assigned, and the AE also is primarily responsible for client relationship management.)
- Ensure Producers, when assigned, are fully informed about, and prepared for all client meetings and interfaces to be able to manage the client relationship competently and proactively.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with "C-Level" and other cognizant decision makers for assigned HUB clients.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of the client's business and industry, being able to articulate applicable regulatory considerations, insurance coverages, and appropriate/available risk management/benefit solutions.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with cognizant vendor partners and insurance carrier marketing, underwriting, and service teams, including a detailed familiarity with each carrier's products and services in support of assigned clients.
- Directly oversee and coordinate the delivery of all HUB services to assigned clients throughout the policy cycle, including stewardship reports, delivery of multi-year strategy, carrier meetings, claims reviews, preparation of coverage outlines, and marketing of emergent and renewal coverage requests.
- Work cooperatively and professionally with internal colleagues and resources to deliver HUB services as described above, using the interface as an opportunity to teach, train, and mentor service team members. Provide input and feedback to leadership as to the performance of account service staff on assigned accounts.
- Ensure that all client service needs are promptly and professionally delivered, either directly by the AE or via HUB colleagues (e.g. Account Representative, Financial Analysts, etc.). The AE is accountable for the competence, timeliness, and quality of all deliverables to the client.
- Conduct annual review w/clients making strategic recommendations focused on delivering a comprehensive benefits strategy.
- Manage renewal checklist process.
- Identify opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of other HUB products and services when appropriate for the client's needs, initiating same. At all times, be knowledgeable about and document what other insurance products, vendors, and services the clients are purchasing through other providers and who those providers are.
- Work with the Producer, if assigned, or be primarily responsible for maintaining current receivable status for assigned clients. Proactive efforts to collect receivables more than 30 days past-due should be undertaken, with each unresolved circumstance documented and reported to accounting.
- Possess a mastery of the various HUB resources and tools that are available. Employ HUB resources and tools to best serve assigned clients and work with cognizant Producers.
- Be knowledgeable about and comply with HUB systems, procedures, and state/federal insurance regulations.
- Possess a strong ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, which will include the ability to design and deliver effective group presentations using various media. This may range from conducting internal training to a sales or renewal presentation at a client's office.
- Be actively involved with professional and/or civic associations on behalf of HUB.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work. The principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs arise.
- BA or BS degree preferred
- At least 7 years of experience servicing large EB accounts
- Experience with influencing C-level executives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint programs
- High energy, detail-oriented self-starter
- Strong leadership, mentoring, and team-building skills
- Significant skill in handling competing demands and projects
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and delegate responsibility
- Willingness to travel
Required Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.