Employee Benefits Account Executive
The Account Executive ("AE") will provide professional, courteous account management and broking services to assigned clients, having the primary responsibility for account retention. Working alongside cognizant Producers (aka "Client Executives / Sales") as assigned, the AE shall be principally responsible for overseeing management of assigned accounts, including redundant interface with appropriate decision makers, proactive consultation, insurance program design, carrier interface/marketing, coordination of risk control resources, relevant collaboration with colleagues throughout HUB, and negotiation of coverage terms and conditions.
The AE will interface with Account Representatives directly for assigned accounts, involving assigned individuals appropriately in service related activities in support of clients. In general, issues related to coverage applicability, exposure evaluation, contractual requirements, and program design fall within the domain of the AE. Issues related to policy processing, maintenance of client data on the Benefit Point agency management system, routine changes (e.g. adding a new vehicle to the policy), and other transactional or clerical work fall within the domain of the Account Representative.
- Working alongside and cooperatively with Producers, if assigned on accounts, serve as the HUB's primary consultant to the client. The Producer has primary responsibility for client relationship management and initiating new sales. The AE has primary responsibility for retaining the account, acting as the de facto technical expert and broker-consultant. (In some instances no Producer will be assigned and the AE also is primarily responsible for client relationship management.)
- Ensure Producers, when assigned, are fully informed about and prepared for all client meetings and interfaces so as to be able to competently and proactively manage the client relationship.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with "C-Level" and other cognizant decision makers for assigned HUB clients.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of the client's business and industry, being able to articulate applicable exposures to loss, insurance coverages, and appropriate/available risk management/control solutions.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with cognizant insurance carrier marketing, underwriting, and risk control staff, including a detailed familiarity with each carrier's products and services in support of assigned clients.
- Directly oversee and coordinate the delivery of all HUB services to assigned clients throughout the policy cycle, including stewardship reports, delivery of risk control services, carrier meetings, claims reviews, preparation of coverage outlines, and marketing of emergent and renewal coverage requests.
- Ensure that all client service needs are promptly and professionally delivered, either directly by the AE or via HUB colleagues (e.g. Account Representative, Benefit Analysts, etc.). The AE is accountable for the competence, timeliness, and quality of all deliverables to the client.
- Conduct annual review w/clients making coverage and loss control recommendations focused on reducing the clients total cost of risk.
- Identify opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of other HUB products and services when appropriate for the clients needs, initiating same. At all times, be knowledgeable about and document what other insurance products and services the clients are purchasing through other providers and who those providers are.
- Work with the Producer, if assigned, or be primarily responsible for maintaining current receivable status for assigned clients. Proactive efforts to collect receivables more than 30 days past-due should be undertaken, with each unresolved circumstance documented and reported to accounting.
- Possess a strong ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, which will include the ability to design and deliver effective group presentations using various media. This may range from conducting internal training to a sales or renewal presentation at a client's office.
- Be actively involved with professional and/or civic associations on behalf of HUB.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work. The principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs arise.
- BA or BS degree preferred
- At least 7 years of experience servicing large EB accounts
- Experience with influencing C-level executives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint programs
- High energy, detail-oriented self-starter
- Strong leadership, mentoring, and team-building skills
- Significant skill in handling competing demands and projects
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and delegate responsibility
- Willingness to travel
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top