Employee Benefits Account Executive
Employee Benefits Account Executive
About Us :
HUB International is a top 10 global insurance broker providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. HUB has more than 250 offices across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico with more than 10,000 employees.
Our regional offices throughout North America are dedicated to helping individuals and businesses evaluate and manage their risks and insurance needs. We are a company dedicated to superior customer service with employees committed to adding value to every client activity.
About the Position :
In this mid-market or larger client-focused role, the Account Executive will provide professional, courteous account management and broking services to assigned clients, having the primary responsibility for account retention. Working alongside cognizant Producers (aka "Client Executives / Sales") as assigned, the Account Executive shall be principally responsible for overseeing management of assigned accounts, including redundant interface with appropriate decision makers, proactive consultation, insurance program design, carrier interface/marketing, coordination of risk control resources, relevant collaboration with colleagues throughout HUB, and negotiation of coverage terms and conditions.
The Account Executive will interface with Account Representatives directly for assigned accounts, involving assigned individuals appropriately in service related activities in support of clients. In general, issues related to coverage applicability, exposure evaluation, contractual requirements, and program design fall within the domain of the Account Executive. Issues related to policy processing, maintenance of client data on the Benefit Point agency management system, routine changes (e.g. adding a new vehicle to the policy), and other transactional or clerical work fall within the domain of the Account Representative.
Job Responsibilities :
• Working alongside and cooperatively with Producers, if assigned on accounts, serve as the HUB's primary consultant to the client. The Producer has primary responsibility for client relationship management and initiating new sales. The Account Executive has primary responsibility for retaining the account, acting as the de facto technical expert and broker-consultant. (In some instances no Producer will be assigned and the Account Executive also is primarily responsible for client relationship management.)
• Ensure Producers, when assigned, are fully informed about and prepared for all client meetings and interfaces so as to be able to competently and proactively manage the client relationship.
• Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with "C-Level" and other cognizant decision makers for assigned HUB clients.
• Possess a detailed knowledge of the client's business and industry, being able to articulate applicable exposures to loss, insurance coverages, and appropriate/available risk management/control solutions.
• Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with cognizant insurance carrier marketing, underwriting, and risk control staff, including a detailed familiarity with each carrier's products and services in support of assigned clients.
• Directly oversee and coordinate the delivery of all HUB services to assigned clients throughout the policy cycle, including stewardship reports, delivery of risk control services, carrier meetings, claims reviews, preparation of coverage outlines, and marketing of emergent and renewal coverage requests.
• Ensure that all client service needs are promptly and professionally delivered, either directly by the Account Executive or via HUB colleagues (e.g. Account Representative, Benefit Analysts, etc.). The Account Executive is accountable for the competence, timeliness, and quality of all deliverables to the client.
• Conduct annual review w/clients making coverage and loss control recommendations focused on reducing the clients total cost of risk.
• Manage HUB Top 200 process.
• Identify opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of other HUB products and services when appropriate for the clients needs, initiating same. At all times, be knowledgeable about and document what other insurance products and services the clients are purchasing through other providers and who those providers are.
• Work with the Producer, if assigned, or be primarily responsible for maintaining current receivable status for assigned clients. Proactive efforts to collect receivables more than 30 days past-due should be undertaken, with each unresolved circumstance documented and reported to accounting.
• Possess a mastery of the various HUB resources and tools that are available via "HUB Today," employing same to best serve assigned clients and work with cognizant Producers.
• Be knowledgeable about and comply with HUB systems, procedures and state/federal insurance regulations.
• Possess a strong ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, which will include the ability to design and deliver effective group presentations using various media. This may range from conducting internal training to a sales or renewal presentation at a client's office.
• Be actively involved with professional and/or civic associations on behalf of HUB.
• May be required to perform some managerial duties on an interim basis
• This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work. The principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs arise.
• BA or BS degree preferred
• At least 7 years of experience servicing large EB accounts
• Must possess a complete proficiency in alternative funding mechanisms, including but not limited to self-funding
• Experience with influencing C-level executives
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint programs
• High energy, detail-oriented self-starter
• Strong leadership, mentoring, and team-building skills
• Significant skill in handling competing demands and projects
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and delegate responsibility
• Willingness to travel
Location: United States, Texas, Dallas
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 7-10 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 8-Nov-2017
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top