EB Account Manager
An Account Manager assists the Benefits Consultant (BC) in the day-to-day needs of the business. This position bridges the gap from the typical functions of a Consultant Support Specialist or Internal Service Representative and the BC in the analysis of the clients' benefit plans.
II. Position Responsibilities
- 10% In coordination with the Benefit Analyst or Consultant Support Specialist, utilizes the planning calendar and renewal timeline to ensure the following items are handled timely: census requests, client follow up, carrier follow up, sending RFP's, preparing presentations, and other items as necessary.
- 10% In coordination with the Benefit Consultant, directs the Benefit Analyst or Consultant Support Specialist in the preparation of spreadsheets, powerpoints, and contribution scenarios to display and communicate appropriate information for presentation to client and employees based on BC's recommendations. Checks all work for accuracy. Questions validity of presentation content and ensures data/information is appropriate, logical and organized. Develops and/or assists Communications with Benefit Summaries.
- 10% Assists clients with escalated claims, billing, and/or policy issues. Documents all in Benefit Point.
- 10% Assists the BC in analysis and research of ongoing plan evaluations. Reviews all client renewals with the BC to check for appropriateness and assists in the recommendation process.
- 10% Attends client meetings with the BC to establish a working relationship with the client. Conducts employee benefit educational meetings for clients.
- 12% Under the direction of the Benefits Consultant, ensures that the implementation and transition processes for all carrier changes are handled smoothly with minimal disruption. Communicates and documents major issues and changes. Stays on top on "next steps". Ensures that submission and all applicable documents are processed accurately and timely.
- 10% Understands and stays abreast of changes in employee benefits, including plan designs, available riders, legislation, and emerging trends. Shares this knowledge with clients and others at HUB. Attends training opportunities, reads and shares industry knowledge, regularly participates in coursework to either earn or maintain professional designations.
- 10% Keeps team informed and communicates thoroughly and clearly with all team members concerning client issues, renewals, and proactive work. Positively influences the team members; using the HUB Essential 7Values, offers encouragement and praise, promotes engagement, and builds good working relationships. Ensures team is following timeline.
- 5% Acts as client's advocate with carriers and vendors. Always has client's best interest at heart.
- 7% In coordination with the Benefit Analyst or Consultant Support Specialist, updates and maintains the following: Documentation of renewal plan information in Agencyware (Internal database system); client files as changes are implemented; spreadsheet templates, policy digests and hospital grids.
- 5% Acts as mentor for BA or CSS and ISR. Assists in their growth and development through constant communication and instruction.
A. Reports to: EB Ops Director
B. Supervises: None
IV. Knowledge/Experience Required
- College degree preferred.
- A working knowledge of employee benefit plans, understanding HMOs, PPOs, HSAs, indemnity plans, as well as ancillary coverage such as life, disability, dental and voluntary insurances is preferred.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience in benefits, finance or human resources preferred.
- An earned Louisiana Life and Health license.
V. Skills/Abilities Required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (listens, speaks, and writes well); able to interact effectively with people of various responsibility and authority (employees, key contacts, execs, etc.).
- Highly organized.
- Able to manage a multitude of details (including paperwork); proactive while juggling these issues.
- Possess a natural inclination to reach out, build relationships, and uncover issues before the client calls HUB.
- Very comfortable with typical business technology including voicemail, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Be able to take direction from BC & follow through and complete tasks.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top