Director of Operations-Personal Lines Insurance
Personal Lines Operations Manager
This position leads and manages the operational functioning and development of the transactional personal lines department. Oversees the day-to-day functions of the department and assists with the operational and market facing duties of the department, as listed below:
- Meets regional Operational standards as outlined by HUB Corporate.
- Manages service support supervisors and functions within the department.
- Interacts with insurance carriers regarding carrier contracts, commissions, and strategic direction.
- Stays abreast of insurance market changes, carrier appetite and underwriting guidelines.
- Champions communication of goals, vision, and procedures developed by the leadership teams
- Manages office environment and champions the creation and continuation of a culture of teamwork
- Works with Operational Team Leaders, Accounting, Human Resources, and others to manage employees and implement regional projects and directives
- Provides recommendations for hiring and assists with new hire onboarding process
- Trains employees on duties, expectations, standards, policies and audits and reviews these areas regularly as set by standards; identifies/coordinates additional employee training as needed
- Immediately and effectively addresses and resolves employee performance concerns utilizing Regional Human Resources and Operations resources as necessary
- Directs employee workflow, workload and overall performance
- Provides feedback to management and employees about service structure to improve performance and productivity
- Coordinates time off within department or location to ensure service level and appropriate reporting of time off
- Assures client service standards are being met
- Creates and recommends new standards and any specialized processes or standards based on business needs
- Assists in monitoring expenses and adherence to budget numbers for location or department
- Conducts annual performance reviews for direct reports
- Answers clients/employees questions in a timely manner
- Answers phone inquiries and addresses problems
- Other duties as assigned Required Skills
- Ability to evaluate and make decisions, recognize potential hazards and observe appropriate precautions, understand and remember detailed instructions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to listen, discern, prioritize, and negotiate with clients and insurance carrier representatives based on a deep understanding of relevant issues
- Competent use of standard office tools/software (e.g. MS Office)
- Ten years of experience in Personal Lines account management
- Five years of experience in setting operational procedures and department oversight, leading a staff of managers and representatives.
- Property and Casualty producer's license required
- Advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC, CPCU, GBA, RHU, REBC)
Attention to all recruitment agencies: HUB International does not accept agency resumes. HUB International is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 5-7 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Date published: 30-May-2018
Department: Business Operations
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top