Director, Executive Talent
About HUB International:
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
About the Position:
The Director of Executive Talent will be a key leader in Hub's Talent team. Working closely with the VP of Talent & Organizational Development, and the heads of Organizational Development and Talent Management, this leader will help set and drive the talent experience for all senior level Hub employees.
The ideal candidate will lead the full life cycle of the recruiting process for our executive roles, from identification of the need through sourcing, screening, offer development, closing and onboarding. They will lead proactive external talent identification and relationship building. This position will work closely with our Talent Development group to support this population in development, succession and overall workforce planning for our executive population. As a player/coach, the ideal incumbent will also lead our Corporate Talent Acquisition team.
Reporting to the Vice President of Talent & Organizational Development, this individual will partner closely with the Field talent acquisition community of practice in ourdecentralized environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to execute on executive searches, programs and processes for the Corporate Hub, as well as the collaborative skills to partner with Field human resources teams to design and execute critical solutions in response to enterprise-wide needs. This individual will facilitate the exchange of talent selection ideas and build talent communities of practices across the company and will serve as a key subject matter expert. As an important functional HR leader, s/he will manage relationships with key vendor partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all aspects of Hub's Executive Recruiting process: Drive multiple senior-level searches across Hub - simultaneously taking ownership of the research and candidate development process, supporting the hiring manager through the search process, offer development and acceptance, as well as with the ultimate onboarding of their new executive hire
- Ensuring all candidates and internal clients have a seamlessly positive experience
- Leads the team's competitive intelligence activities by owning and working a defined candidate pool both proactively and during the course of normal search work. Provides an informed perspective of current market conditions and prospective candidates.
- Define and monitor key executive recruiting metrics.
- Create and deliver high quality executive talent acquisition deliverables - from initial postings, to various candidate presentations, to the ultimate compensation offer.
- Coach, develop, and manage the Corporate Talent Acquisition team: Provide performance and career support for team members.Role model positive change management for direct team members and the broader HR organization.
- Key player in establishing onboarding and development plans for newcomer executive talent and executive successors.
- Co-create our Workforce Planning approach with our Talent Development and People Analytics groups.
- Member of a select team to drive succession management on our critical leadership pipeline positions
- Help architect our talent dashboards.
- May participate in and lead additional talent development efforts as part of the broader Talent strategy.
- Four-year college degree.Graduate degree in HR, organizational development, or related field preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in a Human Resources environment with demonstrated technical experience in executive talent acquisition.
- Demonstrable experience in recruiting at senior levels, retained search experience is desired as well as industry or domain knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Experience managing people and leading teams and strong desire to develop talent.
- Familiarity with succession management and talent development strategy.
- Knowledge with employment law, recruitment best practices, and other compliance laws.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to handle the challenges of working internally in a team-based environment and externally with a variety of prospective candidates.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of leadership while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Blend of strategic thinking and practical execution.
- Exposure to delivering components of Diversity & Inclusion efforts
- Must have strong analytical, critical thinking, and interviewing skills.
- Highly responsive with strong orientation towards customer support.
- Understands the dynamics of a matrix organization.
- Good organizational savvy, resilient.
- Ability to simultaneously and effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Exemplary project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group and manage ambiguous situations.
- Knowledge of sourcing tools i.e.; Social media, Google.
- Familiarity with applicant tracking system (ATS) Avature.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
- Strong computer skills i.e.; Microsoft word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 7-10 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 22-May-2018
Department: Human Resources
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top