Director, Data Analytics
About HUB International:
HUB International is a global insurance brokerage providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Ranked 6th among the world's largest insurance brokers, the company has done over 500 acquisitions to date, ranging in revenues up to $100 million and has over 450 offices and 11,000 employees across North America.
About the Position:
Candidate will be responsible for leading and coordinating multiple advanced analytics projects throughout HUB International including gathering business requirements from executive leadership. This candidate must have extensive experience working within the insurance industry and be very comfortable working alongside both strategic business professionals as well as technologists.
HUB International will require this individual to develop an organization-wide analytics and reporting function that will support the strategic vision of executive leadership. This will include hiring both technical and business professionals as well as working side-by-side with Data Lake and Data Governance leadership within the organization.
The Director, Data Analytics will serve as a key business point of contact for all issues surrounding reporting, data insights, and security/access to HUB International's data by internal employees and business partners.
- Partner closely with business sponsors to define data requirements for new reporting and analytic initiatives.
- Hands-on proficiency with data sources, ability to mine data for insights, and develop book of business insights at the customer, carrier, location and business line level.
- Effectively managed analytics initiatives and provide a provable business ROI.
- Develop data requirements and standards to create complete profile views of carrier partners and customers of HUB International.
- Foster relationships with key business leaders and provide strategic support to new business initiatives.
- Manage several projects simultaneously, including the definition of project scope, objectives, requirements, schedule, budget, and vendor management.
- Identify performance insights and new best practices through data analytics and reporting.
- Refinement of the semantic layer and Data Lake as required to meet business needs
- Work alongside with technical teams including development teams, and data governance teams in order to ensure new data initiatives are successfully completed.
- Stay informed on new technology developments and prioritize/integrate them into existing data analytics platforms.
- Define ongoing analytics roadmap to integrate emerging technologies into HUB International's existing data platform.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Information Systems with advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience working within a strategic IT/Business role
- 7+ years of experience working within a data practice within the insurance industry
- 5+ years of experience implementing new data analytics and/or business intelligence tools
- Experience working with third party sources for data enrichment
- Extensive knowledge of mapping data and standardizing data for simplified reporting
- Experience managing a team of data and business professionals including performance reviews andconsultant screening/hiring
- Experience working with Microsoft BI tools (Power BI, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
Required Experience: 7-10 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top