Director, Business Development (Insurance and Investments)
- Vancouver, Canada
Overview of Position:
HUB Financial's vision is to be everywhere risks exists - today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB Financial is growing and looking for a Director, Business Development for Insurance and Investments to drive growth in an assigned Region by promoting HUB Financial's suite of tools, training and services. The Director, Business Development will act as an ambassador to existing HUB Financial Advisors and Advisors not currently using HUB Financial. This role is ideal for someone with a strong entrepreneurial mind-set with established networks as they will focus on new business growth by uncovering opportunities to help existing HUB advisors as well as foster growth through new relationships with advisors not currently using HUB Financial.
- Help existing HUB Financial advisors grow their business through Know Your Broker (KYB) meetings designed to uncover new opportunities for training, support or resources.
- Coordinate with Broker Development Specialists (BDS) the delivery of newly uncovered training and support opportunities.
- Grow new relationships with experienced advisors who are not using HUB Financial.
- Promote recruitment amongst the assigned marketing team and advisor base.
- Manage the vetting and selection of new HUB Financial advisors in the assigned region.
- Increase the amount of HUB Partnerships by motivating existing HUB Financial advisors to consolidate all carrier contracts with HUB Financial.
- Encourage advisor participation and engagement with HUB Financial's Masterworks programs.
- Deliver presentations at industry and HUB Financial events.
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration or Commerce
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the life insurance or investment industry.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences (written and verbal).
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively, utilizing good time management skills.
- Strong desire to keep up with competition and trends in the life insurance industry.
- CFP or CLU Designation or in progress
- Strong sales and new business development planning experience
- Strong established networks in the life insurance and investment industry.
- 75% office, 25% outbound meetings with clients and prospects.
- Periodic travel in your assigned region
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top