Direct Bill Commission Specialist
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
About the position:
This position reports directly to the Direct Bill Commission Supervisor and is primarily responsible for posting of direct bill commissions received from carriers on a daily basis. It is a fast-paced, high volume work environment, requiring a strong attention to detail.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Retrieve Commission statements from carriers via mail or electronically
- Match commissions statements to cash receipts.
- Process direct bill commission download statements in Brokerage Management system(s)
- Transact or Import and post non-download statements manually in Brokerage Management system(s)
- Research and resolve Direct Bill suspense items on a periodic basis
- Communicate with client service team to resolve exceptions.
- Escalate unresolved items to supervisor per pre-determined aging timeline
- May assist in other special projects as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Requires at least 2 years' experience in accounting field.
- Experience in a shared services accounting environment is a Plus.
- Insurance Brokerage Experience preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Excel Skills required. Intermediate preferred with ability to perform V-lookups, pivot tables
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work under pressure to deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 28-Sep-2018
Department: Accounting & Finance
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top