Join a Winning Team at HUB International
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB's entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and resolve exceptions that occur in various workflows (unmatched, manual, import, download)
- Daily review of direct bill tracker and/or deposits to identify balances that should be moved to other departments, regions or acquisitions. Coordinate posting of those reclassifications.
- Follow up on delinquent $Activity requests to assist in resolution.
- Retrieve Commission statements from carriers via mail or electronically
- Match commissions statements to cash receipts.
- Process direct bill commission download statements in Brokerage Management system(s)
- Transact or Import and post non-download statements manually in Brokerage Management system(s)
- Research and resolve Direct Bill suspense items on a periodic basis
- Communicate with client service team to resolve exceptions.
- Escalate unresolved items to supervisor per pre-determined aging timeline
- May assist in other special projects as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Some overtime may be required
- Prefer at least 2 years' experience in accounting field.
- Experience in a shared services accounting environment is a Plus.
- Insurance Brokerage Experience preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Excel Skills required. Intermediate preferred with ability to perform V-lookups, pivot tables
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work under pressure to deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
Department Accounting & Finance
Required Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.