HUB International is a global insurance brokerage providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Ranked 7th among the world's largest insurance brokers, the company has done over 400 acquisitions to date, ranging in revenues up to $100 million and has over 450 offices and 10,000 employees across North America. The company is headquartered in Chicago and is currently owned by Hellman & Friedman.
About the Position:
The data scientist develops and implements a process to identify management's business analytics needs; gathers the related information; analyzes the relevant information; provides timely reports to be acted upon based on the analyses; and implements the recommendations of intelligence reporting and management. The purpose of this role is to support the decision-making process at the company by assessing the impact and feasibility of strategies and generating insights, tools, reports and systems that facilitate the management of the business.
- Identify analytics needs of internal teams through a comprehensive understanding of their business and collaboration with its stakeholders.
- Partner with internal customers to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that improve business decision making, performance, and customer experience.
- Define and work with stakeholders to improve data integrity and usefulness throughout the company, including identification of opportunities to improve operations and processes that impact data.
- Evaluate, develop and deploy data visualization toolsets.
- Drive maturity throughout the program through defined and documented processes and increased automation and self-service.
- Plan and ensure delivery of ongoing end user training and education for greater awareness of analytics tools and data, deeper analytical skills, and greater self service capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in business analytics, statistics, data science, or related field or experience
- Core competencies in statistics, visualization, and data mining and modeling.
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical tools such as Python, R, Power BI, SAS, etc.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to understand a problem, structure the analysis needed to solve it and come up with innovative and insightful solutions and recommendations
- Collaborative team player with good interpersonal skills
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top