Data Governance Manager
About HUB International:
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in Mergers and Acquisitions.
About the Position:
Hub International is looking for a Data Governance Manager with the responsibility of managing organization-wide data governance activities, improving data quality, and managing protection of sensitive data and information assets.
This position will focus on the specific needs and requirements around establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices at the department, business and functional areas levels in order to achieve consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
The Data Governance Manager is a "hands on" position as well as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues. This person will work closely with business and functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets, respond to regulatory protection requirements and support the strategic requirements of the department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Help establish an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Assist in development and maintenance of an inventory of enterprise information, including authoritative systems, owners, authorized users. Work to ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company's principal information assets
- Focus on improvement to HUB's data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior, processes, policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, related tools and data architecture.
- Facilitate the development, implementation and adoption of related data quality and data protection standards across the enterprise.
- Serve as a liaison between business and functional areas and technology to ensure that business data needs are clearly understood, requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
- Work with HUB's Operations Managers to define, measure and ensure compliance with data related policies and standards.
- Identify and coordinate use of external data sources to eliminate redundancy and streamline the expense related to those services
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 4 years large-scale data or project management or oversight experience in a major services organization
- Health Care or insurance background preferred; related governance experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top