Data and Analytics Intern
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
Our Data and Analytics (DnA) intern will be working on a variety of data projects, including building our data catalog; documenting workflows/processes; and maintaining the DnA team Sharepoint site. If the Intern has technical capabilities with Azure, the intern will have opportunities to work on our DnA architecture and supporting processes.
- Apply research techniques and analytical methods to the study of administrative systems, organizational structures, policies and procedures
- Conduct special studies in conjunction with a project, analyze data and make recommendations based upon the findings
- Responsible for project assignments, research and analysis.
- Prepare project reports, progress summaries, statistical analysis and related data.
- Analyze, generate and maintain records and other reference material necessary for departmental use.
- Must be willing to work 37.5 hours per week, for up to 3 months, during normal business hours; can be flexible with scheduling
- Must currently be enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited college or university and maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA (3.5 GPA for graduate students)
- Must be comfortable working with proprietary information and be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with large data sets
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Project Management skills
- Very well organized
- Ability to analyze and write SQL a huge plus
- High comfort level working with technology
- High comfort level working in Microsoft Excel and/or Powerpoint
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize is required
- Prior internship experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Required Experience: Less than 1 year
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Some college (no degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top