Customer Service Representative
- Petaluma, CA
About Specialty Program Group: Specialty Program Group (SPG) is the wholesale & MGA division of HUB International (6th Largest Global Broker). SPG acts in a holding company capacity acquiring best in class underwriting businesses to operate independently under distinct brands (portfolio companies).
About Professional Program Insurance Brokerage: We are program specialists that write unique insurance coverage tailored to the industries we serve.
Customer Service Reps play a vital role in the success the company as they are the most front facing in front of clients. This position will report to the account manager in our Ultimate Image program and has the opportunity to learn our company from the ground up with exciting opportunities for career growth.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Support our clients and brokers by providing excellent customer service via email and phone to answer various inquiries and solve problems
- Act as liaison between brokers or clients and the underwriter to obtain missing information, status of quote/bind, and/or other requests for information
- Provide applications for prospective clients and existing accounts for consideration for renewal
- Input transactions to generate invoice and prepare policy or endorsement confirmation to brokers and clients
- Determine premiums, as well as terms & conditions, for renewal quotes and endorsements
- Collect & Process payments, prepare finance quotes
- Close out files that did not bind and obtain reasoning whenever possible
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Understand and follow Underwriting Guidelines for Ultimate Image Program
- Be able to answer general questions for clients calling in as it relates to procedure, basic insurance, or payment.
- Ability to bind policies and endorsements in the system with little to no oversight
- Know how to calculate State Taxes & understand State Disclosure Forms
- Understanding of PPIB internal guidelines and workflow
- Positive attitude and enjoys helping others through frequent phone and email communication
- Excellent customer service with ability to take ownership and drive issues to resolution.
- High level of adaptability to meet the needs of various situations
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- 2-5 Years working in insurance office
- CA Property/Casualty License
This is a full-time position working in our office in Petaluma. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top