Customer Service Representative
About HUB International:
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in Mergers and Acquisitions.
About the Position:
The Commercial Customer Service Representative will oversee the servicing of policies for Flagship Marine Underwriters clients.
- Managing Inbound Calls
- Receive inbound calls including transferred calls from current clients/brokers
- Place outbound follow-up calls for various reasons or documents
- Answer questions about the product details, the company, and issues with account for the clients/brokers.
- Assist clients/brokers with any technical issues experienced with website and escalate any issues to management appropriately.
- Perform account maintenance and documentation activities
- Meet Quality Assurance Requirements and other key performance metrics.
- Communicate with fleet managers and charter vessel owners on all requirements for carrier
- Communicate all additions and deletions to the charter fleet with the carrier.
- Follow up on all subjectivities with clients and carrier.
- Process all endorsements, diary information, follow up if necessary, and answer questions/concerns.
- Process payments
- Upon notification from Accounting that an account is past due, contact the insured via email for payment.
- Shop Markets
- Upon renewal, shop markets if necessary for price & coverage. Communicate with the producer, the client and the carrier.
- Perform other job duties as they may be assigned including but not limited to processing renewals, scanning data into Navigator, etc.
- High school diploma
- 2-5 years in customer service environment
- Demonstrated strong decision-making ability
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Flexibility with daily tasks
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Goal oriented
- Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concern, and overcome objections
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with clients/brokers over the phone
Location: United States, Michigan, Traverse City
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 3-May-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top