Consulting Support Specialist
Hub International is a top 10 global insurance broker providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Our regional offices throughout North America are dedicated to helping individuals and businesses evaluate and manage their risks and insurance needs.
A Consultant Support Specialist assists the Benefit Consultant in the day-to-day needs of the business. Typical functions include but are not limited to sending quote requests to insurance carriers asking them to bid on health and ancillary plans for the employer/client, preparing spreadsheets to display and communicate this information and present to clients. The CSS is responsible for following the "renewal time-line" and completing all renewal tasks in a timely manner. The job of the CSS is to do anything and everything possible to keep the Benefits Consultant on the road and in front of the client. The CSS is also responsible for new business quoting for the Producer.
- High school diploma, minimally. College degree preferred.
- A working knowledge of employee benefit plans, understanding HMOs, PPOs, HSAs, indemnity plans, as well as ancillary coverage such as life, disability, dental and voluntary insurances is preferred.
- An achiever – driven to accomplish the goals set before him/her.
- Strategic in nature, sorting through the myriads of details and projects and coming out on the other side with order and purpose.
- Thrives by building relationships with whom he/she works.
- Excellent computer skills – is an expert in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and able to learn new systems and programs, such as Benefit Point.
- Highly organized & accurate
- Independent thinker, offering suggestions for new and forwarding practices.
- Handles many simultaneous projects efficiently and effectively.
- Operates in a fast-paced, energetic environment and welcomes change.
- Creates or modifies processes/procedures to simplify tasks.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top