Consultant, Employee Benefits
WHO ARE WE?
Leading Canada in all areas of insurance, HUB International is ranked among the world's top 10 brokerages. When you partner with us, you will be at the center of a vast network of experts providing unmatched service, expertise and insurance solutions alongside 11,000 employees in 500 offices across North America. Choose a career with HUB and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
WHAT DO WE VALUE?
- Entrepreneurship - We encourage innovation and educated risk-tasking.
- Integrity - We do the right thing every time.
- Teamwork - We work together to maximize results.
- Accountability - We measure and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Service - We serve our customers, communities and colleagues.
- Competitive wages
- Medical and dental benefits
- Industry related tuition financing
- Complementary transit shuttle
- Opportunities for career advancement
- No cost fitness facility on-site
As a Consultant in our Employee Benefits division, you will develop strategic relationships with key account contacts and work closely with insurance partners. We are seeking an individual with a strong attention to detail and accuracy to join our team in a regular full time position. Our Vancouver office location is in the heart of downtown and very accessible by transit.
- Understand client needs and culture with the supports of the VP, Employee Strategies and Business Development Leads
- Manage and oversee the complete employee benefits cycle
- Communicate relevant industry trends to your client block to prepare them for long term planning
- Design and deliver presentations to clients, leading client meetings as well as key employee presentations
- Maintain relationships and work closely with insurance partnerships through problem solving and negotiations
- Effectively track and communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly metrics to internal stakeholders and the leadership team
- Understand client needs and priorities, and working with the client and the Client Service Manager to resolve escalated administrative, contractual and financial issues
As a successful candidate you will possess the following characteristics:
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office knowledge, focusing on Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Life Insurance (LLQP) License or willing to obtain
- 5+ years of Employee Benefits Insurance Experience, group retirement experience is an asset
- Post-secondary education required and completion of (or working towards) related courses in group benefits (CEBS, GBA designations preferred)
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Some college (no degree)
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
MikeBusiness Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top