Commercial Lines Leader
WHO WE ARE:
HUB International was born in 1998 with the merger of 11 privately held insurance brokerages. That number has grown to a network of more than 400 integrated brokerages across North America - all carrying the HUB banner.
Today, HUB is one of the largest insurance brokers in the world, and represents a broad, deep, one-of-a-kind aggregation of insurance entrepreneurs.
The role of Commercial Lines Leader requires a variety of skills that center around talent acquisition, team leadership, business development, financial oversight, and management of day-to-day sales and service staff in our HUB San Francisco Commercial Lines operation. Candidates must have a background in commercial insurance sales, team leadership, and have extensive knowledge of the brokerage industry.
- Key roles and responsibilities include the following: Targeted producer recruiting, onboarding, and training.
- Assistance with agency acquisition targets (M&A) with special expertise in commercial lines programs/products/services.
- Identify and assist with business development in key industry sectors to drive new business sales.
- Management of client sales teams (producers) including on-going performance evaluations, oversight of sales pipelines, administration of commission true up's and monthly expense account approvals.
- Management and oversight of client service teams (account executives, account managers, assistant account managers) including annual performance reviews.
- Conduct regular producer sales meetings and client service meetings to ensure both teams are well aligned.
- Financial oversight and responsibility of the Commercial Lines Departments including the development of an annual budget while maintaining required KPI's.
- Financial oversight of trust account approvals, account receivables, in addition to general department operating expenses.
- Leadership and collaboration with the HUB San Diego leadership team to promote cross sales.
- Ongoing team leadership and assistance with all HUB employee engagement initiatives to develop the highest levels of industry expertise while maintaining a collaborative work environment centered around respect and teamwork.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 10 years of related commercial insurance experience - brokerage experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Currently licensed and in good standing in required lines and states
- Thought Leader Capital - this individual must be recognized as the Commercial Lines expert with respect to decision-making, conducting carrier negotiations, etc.
- Highly Developed organization and time management
- Hands-on manager - Enjoys mentoring and direct management of staff, desire to work alongside account management team in the field to help retain and grow existing business.
- Excellent listening skills
- Demonstrated communication skills, including oral and written communications as well as use of electronic media (e.g. MO Outlook tools)
- Promotes and and lives HUB's Values: Entrepreneurship, Balance, Integrity, Teamwork, Discipline, Accountability and Service
- Prior experience with annual budgeting process preferred
- Demonstrated computer proficiency - Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical, reasoning, negotiating skills
- CIC, AAI and or CPCU/CLU, ARM, CISR, ACSR, AICS desired.
At HUB, we believe in giving our employees the room and space they need to do their job. We believe in paying a fair wage and offering great benefits like a 401k plan where the Company matches 50% of the first 6% you contribute. Medical options, dental options, vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holidays. We have it all.
Our work environment encourages critical, independent thinking, problem-solving and project-management. We trust our employees to make good decisions for our clients and we give them the space to do that.
LIKE US SO FAR?
Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. Apply online today!
Are you a veteran? Disabled? We welcome ALL candidates and are proud of our wonderfully diverse employee population.
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
Required Education: Some college (no degree)
Required Experience: 7-10 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Date published: 16-Nov-2018
Department: General Management
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top