Commercial Lines Account Technician
To provide support to the Service and Sales teams in processing various lines of insurance.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for assisting Account Managers and Producers with the servicing of assigned accounts in accordance with the practices, policies and procedures of the Company.
Coordinate the handling and servicing of assigned accounts with the Account Manager/Producers.
Check policies and endorsements for completeness and accuracy. Prepare policies for delivery to clients.
Review and process change requests in the agency management system.
Enter data as required by insurance company automation systems.
Provide support to the Account Manager/Producer on pre-renewal processes.
Handle correspondence and the clerical processing of accounts including applications, transactional file maintenance and agency management system computer input of each account.
Prepare invoices, transmittals, ID cards, certificates of insurance, evidences as insubinders and cancellation forms as required.
Order motor vehicle reports and loss runs as required.
Maintain an accurate suspense system on all items that require a response.
Responsible for developing complete familiarity with all forms and paperwork including their intent and purpose.
Responsible for implementing a quality control review process to assure the production of quality work and the provision of excellent customer service.
Conduct business in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of both the business and earnings implications of the Company.
Other responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
- 1-2 years insurance brokerage or property casualty insurance underwriting assistant or underwriting experience preferred
- High School Diploma. Associates degree preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong reading comprehension and analysis skills
- Strong data entry skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization and follow up skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and to quickly adapt to new situations
- Proficient in Word, Excel, internet utilization
- Applied Agency Management System experience preferred but not required
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top