Commercial Lines Account Manager
The Account Manager manages a book of insurance business, And provides professional, courteous service to clients, carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and HUB colleagues, and supports Producers and/or AMII/AEs in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business. May also be responsible for account rounding and the development of new business as appropriate and in accordance with standard practices, policies, and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Producers and other HUB personnel on all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal while adhering to HUB's best practices and standard procedures.
- Handles preparation and implementation of all transactions, paperwork, and internal processing for assigned accounts.
- Acquires understanding of clients' insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability.
- Stays abreast of changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact their clients. Makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to those changes independent of manager approval.
- Acts as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to resolve service issues. May also negotiate with underwriters and carriers. Troubleshoots claims and billing issues.
- Responsible for overall retention of accounts in assigned book of business.
- Develops new business from existing accounts and assigned leads, and contributes to meeting departmental production goals. Identifies and follows-up on cross-selling opportunities when appropriate.
- May participate in or conduct client meetings when necessary.
- Appropriately documents conversations with clients and carrier representatives and updates all HUB computer systems and automated agency management systems Ensures the accuracy of data in those systems.
- Travels on company business as required.
- Prepares reports for management as required.
- May oversee functions performed Account Representatives as required.
- Attends industry related continuing education training and courses.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- At least 3 years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in an insurance Account Management role in required lines. Brokerage experience is preferred..
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills.
- Superior customer service and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- High level attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work a regular, full-time work schedule at HUB's facility(s) and ability to travel on business when required.
- Some supervisory, project leader, or team leader experience preferred.
- Currently licensed in good standing in required lines and states.
- Current with all necessary CE credits in required lines and states.
- Advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC).
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top