HUB International Limited is a leading insurance brokerage providing an array of worldwide brokerage services including property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment, and wealth management products and services throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At HUB we believe in investing in the future of our employees. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment of open feedback and improvement that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization. We offer:
- Competitive salaries and benefits offerings
- Medical/dental/vision/life insurance wand voluntary insurance options
- Health Savings Account funding
- 401k matching program
- Life and Disability Plans
- Great work/life balance, because that's important for all of us!
- The ability to be a part of a motivated, winning team with the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are amongst the top talent in the industry!
- Growth potential - HUB is constantly growing and so can your career!
- A rewarding career that helps local businesses in the community
The Account Manager manages a book of insurance business, while acting with a high degree of independent discretion, autonomy, and decision-making. Provides professional, courteous service to our clients, carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and HUB colleagues, resulting in a rate of account retention that meets or exceeds expectations. Provides a high level of support to Producers in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business. May also be responsible for account rounding and the development of new business as appropriate and in accordance with standard practices, policies, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These qualifications are considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. If this position requires licensing or certification, the incumbent must maintain that license or certification by meeting all continuing education and other requirements.
- Makes major decisions independent of manager approval on books of insurance business for which the incumbent is responsible.
- Works closely with Producers and other HUB personnel on all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal while adhering to HUB's best practices and standard procedures.
- Oversees the preparation and implementation of all transactions, paperwork, and internal processing for assigned accounts.
- Acquires understanding of clients' insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability. Stays abreast of changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact their clients. Makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to those changes independent of manager approval.
- Acts as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to resolve escalated complex service issues that require policy interpretation and experience based judgment to resolve. May also negotiate with underwriters and carriers. Troubleshoots claims and billing issues.
- Responsible for overall retention of accounts in assigned book of business.
- Develops new business from existing accounts and assigned leads, and contributes to meeting departmental production goals. Identifies and follows-up on cross-selling opportunities when appropriate.
- Manages, organizes, and conducts client meetings when necessary.
- Appropriately documents conversations with clients and carrier representatives and updates all HUB computer systems and automated agency management systems when necessary. Ensures the accuracy of data in those systems.
- Travels on company business as required.
- Prepares reports for management as required.
- Oversees functions performed by lower level Account Managers and Assistant Account Managers as required.
- Supports, mentors, and trains lower level Account Managers and Assistant Account Managers, as necessary.
- Attends industry related continuing education training and courses.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- At least 3+ years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in an insurance Account Management role in required lines. Brokerage experience is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills.
- Superior customer service and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work a regular, full-time work schedule at HUB's facility(s) and ability to travel on business when required.
- High School diploma or equivalent; AA and/or college degree preferred.
- Currently licensed in good standing in required lines and states.
- Current with all necessary CE credits in required lines and states.
- Advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC).
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Department Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.