Commercial Lines Account Manager
The Account Manager manages a book of insurance business, providing professional, courteous service to clients, carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and HUB colleagues. The Account Manager supports Producers and/or Account Executives in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business. May also be responsible for account rounding and the development of new business as appropriate and in accordance with standard practices, policies, and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Producers and other HUB personnel on all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewals while adhering to HUB's best practices and standard procedures.
- Handles preparation and implementation of all transactions, paperwork, and internal processing for assigned accounts.
- Manages and grows the revenue for a book of accounts utilizing all of HUB's capabilities and value added services.
- Acquires understanding of clients' insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability.
- Stays abreast of changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact their clients. Makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to those changes independent of manager approval.
- Acts as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to resolve service issues. May also negotiate with underwriters and carriers. Troubleshoots claims and billing issues.
- Responsible for overall retention of accounts in assigned book of business.
- Develops new business from existing accounts and assigned leads, and contributes to meeting departmental production goals. Identifies and follows-up on cross-selling opportunities when appropriate.
- May participate in or conduct client meetings when necessary.
- Appropriately documents conversations with clients and carrier representatives and updates all HUB computer systems and automated agency management systems Ensures the accuracy of data in those systems.
- Travels on company business as required.
- Prepares reports for management as required.
- May oversee functions performed by Account Representatives as required.
- Attends industry related continuing education training and courses.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Responsible for working with Team Leader to develop business acumen and technical knowledge.
- At least 2 years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in an insurance Account Management role in required lines. Brokerage experience is preferred..
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills.
- Superior customer service and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- High level attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work a regular, full-time work schedule at HUB's facility(s) and ability to travel on business when required.
- Currently licensed in good standing in required lines and states.
- Current with all necessary CE credits in required lines and states.
- Some supervisory, project leader, or team leader experience desirable
- Advanced professional designation desirable (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC)
Location: United States, Wisconsin, Waunakee
Required Education: Some college (no degree)
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 15-May-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top