Commercial Lines Account Manager
HUB International is ranked 8 th amongst the world's largest insurance brokers with 10,000 employees across North America. HUB Atlantic continues to grow and we are looking for an experienced Commercial Lines Account Manager to join our dynamic, fun and motivated team working out of our Halifax, NS office . This role is focused on growth and retention of a book of mid-sized businesses across Atlantic Canada and on driving new commercial business. You will report into the Operations Manager, who understands what it takes to be successful in this role.
- Work in a team based structure to retain and grow commercial portfolios in the Atlantic Region.
- Support Account team by researching and analyzing client coverage trends and identifying areas of risk and opportunities along with solutions.
- Manage escalations for any unresolved outstanding client premiums.
- Commercial Account business planning and forecasting.
- Establish networks and partnerships in the commercial lines insurance space.
- Provide suggestions for continuous improvements on workflows and procedures for sales and service.
- Leverage existing commercial networks to increase business
- Referral of personal lines clients and back up support of Personal Lines portfolios as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, College Diploma, and/or equivalent work experience
- RIBO required
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance required
- CAIB, CIP completed or in progress preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written including strong initiative and follow up skills
- Strong team player with a proactive and customer focused approach
Monday to Friday Work Schedule
35 hour work week
Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days & HUB Days-Personal Days
Education Reimbursement Program
Group RRSP Company Matching Program up to 2% of Base Salary
Group Benefits Plan (Health & Dental)
Health & Wellness Initiatives
HUB Employee Referral Program - Award for successful hires
HUB Total Rewards:
Career Path at HUB:
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
If you are a successful service broker (Insurance Licensed), enjoy a positive team environment and want to contribute to a winning team, please apply now!
Location: Canada, Nova Scotia, Dartmouth
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 22-Feb-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top