Commercial Lines Account Executive
- Chicago, IL
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
The Account Executive leads the overall service, recommendations, and implementation of a book of insurance business. The job requires a high degree of independent discretion, autonomy, and decision-making based on industry knowledge and experience to provide professional guidance, expertise, and service to clients, professional and collaborative relationships with carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and HUB colleagues. Responsible for business development and sales with new and existing clients.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These qualifications are considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. If this position requires licensing or certification, the incumbent must maintain that license or certification by meeting all continuing education and other requirements.
- Manages an assigned book of business which is comprised of key and high revenue-producing accounts, all of which have a significant impact on the business operations of the client and on HUB.
- Utilizing industry experience and in-depth knowledge of insurance markets, policy provisions, claim processes, business environment, and risk mitigation, applies independent and discretionary judgment to make decisions independent of manager approval on books of insurance business for which the incumbent is responsible. These include non-routine coverage issues and questions, denial of claims, renewal strategies for key accounts, and interpretation of non-routine provisions of insurance contracts.
- Acquires understanding of clients' business and insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability.
- When counseling clients on appropriate coverage, will assess risks based on clients' situation and determine proper coverage to insure and mitigate those risks.
- Builds strong relationships with internal customers (producers, marketing, customer service, and claims) as well as our external trading partners.
- Negotiates terms, conditions, and pricing directly with insurance carriers, in conjunction with the Marketing Team.
- In situations where special carrier programs are available, determines if those programs are appropriate for particular clients. Then consults with clients on the benefits of those programs. Will then work with carriers to quote coverage through appropriate program.
- Leads resolution of escalated complex service issues between clients and insurance carriers that require policy interpretation and experience-based judgment to resolve.
- Leads client meetings (including renewal meetings), independent from producer or manager as needed.
- Supports, mentors, and trains Account Managers and Account Representatives, as necessary.
- May oversee functions performed by Account Managers and Account Representatives including approval of renewal strategies and resolution of client and carrier issues.
- Seeks continued knowledge and stays abreast of changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact their clients. Makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to those changes independent of manager approval.
- Leads all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal of book of business. Uses judgment and creativity based on industry experience to produce favorable results and solutions to address clients' insurance needs.
- Responsible for overall retention of accounts in assigned book of business.
- Develops new business from existing accounts and assigned leads, and contributes to meeting departmental production goals. Identifies opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of other HUB products and services where appropriate.
- Appropriately documents conversations with clients and carrier representatives and updates all HUB computer systems and automated agency management systems when necessary. Ensures the accuracy of data in those systems.
- Possesses mastery of the various HUB and industry resources and tools that are available and utilizes same to best serve clients
- Travels on company business as required.
- Prepares reports for management as required.
- Attends industry related continuing education training and courses.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- 7 years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in an insurance Account Management role in required lines is preferred. Brokerage experience is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills.
- Leadership experience and independent responsibility for client retention preferred.
- Ability to lead and influence in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems.
- Ability to work a regular, full-time work schedule at HUB's facility(s) and ability to travel on business when required.
- Currently licensed in good standing in required lines and states.
- Current with all necessary CE credits in required lines and states.
- Advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC).
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top