Commercial Lines Account Associate, Mid-Market
HUB International's vision is to be the leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry. As the Commercial Account Associate you will have a great opportunity to work with a seasoned leader on an established book of mid-sized commercial accounts. Your focus will be on the retention of these accounts and their growth. If you have commercial lines insurance experience and are committed to delivering great customer service then this might be the role for you.
The Account Associate will play a central role in renewing existing accounts by serving customers in person, and by telephone to assess and fulfill their insurance needs to the highest standards of satisfaction. The Account Associate is accountable for determining customer needs, negotiating coverages and terms, responding to complaints and inquiries, and processing transactions. Account Associates interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and handles and resolves complaints.
Account Associates have a detailed knowledge of the Canadian commercial insurance market as well as HUB's commercial product portfolio and can target policies to their clients to supply the most appropriate product.
Benefits for being in this position are: excellent exposure to commercial lines while working for one of the top 10 Insurance Brokerages in the world, freedom in taking insurance courses to further yourself in your knowledge of insurance and working along side top professionals in the Insurance industry! By taking the first step in applying, it just might get you a chance to work for one of the leading Insurance Brokerages in Canada and abroad!
Your knowledge and experience in commercial insurance combined with your attention to detail and customer service focus are the keys to success in the role of Commercial Associate. This role is reporting to the Vice President, Commercial Lines and is responsible for providing support to the Commercial Lines team.
The successful candidate will:
- Provides our internal and external clients with prompt, courteous and professional service
- Prepares client renewal packages, policies, submissions, binders and summaries in timely manner.
- Analyzes client coverages, exposures and loss experiences to determine risk requirements
- Reviews policy wordings and other documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Calculates adjustments and premiums on policies and other insurance documents;
- Prepares marketing submissions with responsibility for correspondence and negotiations with underwriters
- Assists in collection of Accounts Receivables while adhering to HUB International file management standards
- Actively develop an increased knowledge of related insurance products and client needs
- Participates in training and professional development courses to enhance skills and industry knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- College Diploma or University Degree or equivalent work experience
- RIBO License
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Commercial Insurance: Property, Casualty and Auto Fleet
- Experience in market negotiations on commercial mid-market and large complex policies required
- CIP Designation or in progress
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel (complicated excel spreadsheets with formulas) and Outlook
- Experience on Epic or similar insurance broker management systems
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision servicing clients/marketing from beginning to end.
- Strong attention to detail, time management and analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Balance - balancing corporate duty with personal growth
- Integrity – doing things right every time
- Teamwork – working together to maximize results
- Discipline - focused on goals
- Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top