Commercial Lines Account Assistant, Programs
Overview of Position:
Hub International's vision is to be the leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry.
Hub International in Toronto, Ontario is currently looking for an Account Assistant to support the account workflow for our Commercial Programs and to support claims analysis. This is an ideal role for an organized and customer focused individual with strong administrative support experience. You will have the opportunity to be mentored in your role and opportunity to grow into a Broker.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
This role will be ideal for someone who is highly organized with strong analytical and multitasking skills to meet tight deadlines.
This role provides support to an Account Team in the Programs Practice and with claims analysis. The primary responsibilities include:
- Execution of insurance certificates, binders, proposals, and processing of client documents i.e. endorsements and policies
- Updating rate/premium histories and premium comparisons; calculation of PST, Invoicing, processing of journal entries, execution of premium finance forms, collection of aged receivables, as required, and correction of commission differences
- Maintaining/updating Summary of Insurance (update as policy changes occur and at renewal)
- Answering client queries and communicating with insurance companies
- Inputting data and setting up electronic client and prospect screens in EPIC
- Maintaining effective abeyance system
- Maintaining MS Excel data with VLOOKUP's, and pivot tables
- Maintaining filing system and set up of client files
- Printing and distributing renewal list to Account Manager and Account Associate at least 90 days before renewal
- Printing and distributing accounts receivable reports
- Updating claims history on summaries
- Providing assistance where required and perform all other duties as assigned by Account Manager and Account Associate
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education or commensurate work experience;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Intermediate to Advanced Level MS Excel skills i.e. VLOOKUP's, macros, and pivot tables for data analysis.
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong team player and be able to work independently with little supervision
- Strong initiative and follow up skills
- encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- balancing corporate duty with personal growth
- : doing things right every time
- working together to maximize results
- focused on goals
- measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top