Commercial Lines Account Assistant (Professional Liability)
Overview of Position:
HUB International's vision is to be the leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry.
HUB International is currently looking for strong Account Assistant to provide account support services to a high volume book of business for our engineering and lawyer commercial clients. This is an ideal role for an Insurance Broker with strong organizational, administrative support experience, and customer service skills. There is an opportunity to take on smaller accounts and manage from start to finish for the right applicant. Benefits of this position include: working on a book of business in a supportive team and management environment in which knowledge is shared and development encouraged!
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging wok environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
An ideal candidate for this position will be someone who prides themselves on their top notch client service. This role will be ideal for someone who is highly organized with strong analytical and communication skills, sense of urgency, and the ability to meet often tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will be able to think on their feet and come up with creative solutions to coverage problems and have a strong client service focus.
This role provides support two dynamic Account Managers. The primary responsibilities include:
- Execution of insurance certificates, binders, statement of values, proposals, and processing of client documents (endorsements and policies)
- Updating rate/premium histories and premium comparisons; calculation of PST, Invoicing, processing of Lineage, execution of premium finance forms, collection of aged receivables, as required, and correction of commission differences
- Answering client queries, communicating with insurance companies
- Inputting data into computerized database (Lineage) and setting up electronic client and prospect screens in Epic
- Maintaining effective abeyance system
- Follow up on accounts receivables
- Assist clients with Certificate Exchange
- Update claims histories
- Provide assistance where required and perform all other duties as assigned by the Account Managers
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary education or commensurate work experience;
- RIBO Licensed
- 1-2 years of commercial insurance account experience required
- Experience working with professionals i.e. lawyers, engineers an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with Epic or similar insurance broker management systems
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong team player
- Proactive and customer focused approach
- Strong initiative and follow up skills
- Entrepreneurship encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Balance balancing corporate duty with personal growth
- Integrity doing things right every time
- Teamwork working together to maximize results
- Discipline focused on goals
- Accountability measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top