Commercial Lines Account Assistant (Not For Profit and IBP)
- Toronto, Canada
Overview of Position:
HUB International's vision is to be everywhere risk exists - today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International in Toronto, Ontario is currently looking for a strong and experienced Account Assistant with the ability to support the account workflow for our busy Commercial Practice on small to mid-sized and non-profit accounts. This is an ideal role for an organized and customer focused individual with strong administrative support experience.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
The Commercial Lines Account Assistant is an account support role for a busy and diverse book of business providing top notch client service. This role is ideal for someone who is highly organized with strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to meet often tight deadlines. We are looking for a strong team player who can work in a fast paced environment and a quick learner. This position will work on both program and non-program business in the SME and Not-For-Profit practice areas.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Execution of insurance certificates, pre-renewal letters, liability slips, binders, proposals and processing of client documents i.e. endorsements and policies
- Calculation of PST, Invoicing, execution of premium finance forms, correction of commission differences, addressing accounting inquiries
- Maintaining/updating Summary of Insurance (update as policy changes occur and at renewal) as required
- Communicating with insurance companies - sending requests, follow ups etc.
- Inputting data and setting up electronic client and prospect screens to Epic
- Maintaining effective abeyance system
- Claims reporting, request claim runs etc.
- Assist with Account receivables
- Post-Secondary Education or commensurate work experience;
- RIBO Licensed or in progress
- 1 year of commercial insurance account support experience desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Previous experience with insurance broker management systems i.e. Epic, TAM etc.
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and process oriented
- Strong team player
- Proactive and customer focused approach
- Strong initiative and follow up skills
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity - doing things right every time
Teamwork - working together to maximize results
Accountability - measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Diploma
Back to top