Commercial Lines Account Administrator
As a Commercial Lines Account Administrator, you will be responsible for assisting Account Managers, Account Executives and Producers with the servicing of assigned Commercial Lines accounts in accordance with the practices, policies, and procedures of the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the servicing of assigned accounts with the Account Manager
- Enter data as required by insurance company automation systems
- Provide support to the Account Manager on pre-renewal processes
- Handle correspondence and the clerical processing of accounts including applications and computer input of each account
- Process certificate of insurance requests
- Help track cancellation/reinstatement system for commercial accounts
- Responsible for developing complete familiarity with all forms and paperwork including their intent and purpose
- Conduct business from a professional standpoint and willingness to learn
- Prepare invoices, transmittals, ID cards, certificates of insurance, binders, and cancellation forms as required.
- Review and process change requests in the broker management system
- Prepare policies for policy check and delivery to clients
- Maintain an accurate suspense system on all items that require a response
- Responsible for scanning/electronic filing of communications and documents
- Input/maintain data on account management system and ancillary systems as required
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Account Manager
- Follow HUB Broker Standards
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Team Work – Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Quality Management – Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Project Management – Ability to lead a team and adhere to deadlines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Education
- 3 Years of administrator related work experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- P&C License desired, but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision. Some travel required by car to meet with clients and other outside events.
Must hold a valid Driver's License
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers and teammates.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a big plus.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Power Point; follow guidelines on working in BMS (EPIC) for premium efficiency with your team.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top