Commercial Insurance Producer
HUB International Limited is a leading insurance brokerage providing an array of worldwide brokerage services including property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment, and wealth management products and services throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
We currently have an opportunity for an Insurance Producer lines to join our Commercial Lines Sales Team in our Ellicott City, Maryland office.
The selected employee will produce new business and assist in ongoing service to clients in accordance with the practices, policies and procedures of the Company.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and achieve maximum sales volume consistent with individuals and company objectives.
- Identify, develop, and qualify new prospects. Qualify and handle leads generated by the company.
- Contact prospects to set appointment and gain information on expirations.
- Cross-sell lines of business for all of the company's profit centers.
- Prepare accurate and complete applications on new and renewal business, including narrative describing all operations of the risk. Collaborate on preparation of marketing submissions for new business.
- Interface with company support staff and Marketing Department by meeting to review accounts, helping to determine markets to be used, follow-up dates, etc., and to otherwise assist in the timely and efficient processing of business.
- Prepare and/or present proposals to prospects and clients. Close sale.
- Develop and perpetuate a loyal customer base in relation to geographic and market considerations.
- Coordinate ongoing service for existing accounts with Account Manager.
- Collaborate with Account Manager to design and maintain appropriate insurance programs for existing accounts.
- Maintain production reports and attend sales meetings as required.
- Assist in collecting money, arranging satisfactory financing or canceling coverage.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for retaining existing accounts. Be primary contact with clients for problems of all sorts, significant coverage concerns, and collections.
- Produce and service new commercial accounts and while maintaining and enhancing HUB International New England's image in the assigned trading communities.
- Keep informed of changes and trends within the industry for the purpose of anticipating and responding to profit objectives
- Conduct business in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of both the business and earnings implications of the Company.
- Previous experience in sales of intangible products.
- Ability to identify potential clients and initiate contact.
- Producer Broker's License or willing obtain license post hire
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel locally to client visits
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Manager
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top