Commercial Insurance Marketing/Underwriting Director
- Wilmington, MA
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
We currently have an opportunity for a Marketing/Underwriting Director to join our Commercial Lines team in our Wilmington, MA office.
Under the direction of the President - Commercial Lines, the selected individual will oversee the commercial lines marketing process for designated offices and serve as a resource to Producers/Account Executives/Account Managers in matters related to market availability, appetite, marketing personnel utilization and general market relations. May also handle marketing work for larger and/or more important customers and prospects as needed and is responsible for supervision and management of assigned marketing personnel including processes, procedures and systems utilization.
- Oversee marketing process for new and renewal remarketing of accounts developing more than $5,000 in revenue (and/or whatever threshold is determined to exceed "small business.").
- Supervise and direct assigned department personnel including hiring, training, coaching, disciplinary actions as necessary and completion of annual performance reviews.
- Collaborate with colleagues on new and renewal business marketing strategies.
- Manage incoming submission flow including submission triage (timeliness, quality) and the assignment of marketing personnel based on pertinent factors (i.e. capacity, relationship, industry knowledge, etc.)
- As needed, involved directly with the marketing of large or key commercial accounts utilizing established procedures and timelines.
- Develop and foster successful carrier relationships including coordination of meetings and participation in events on local basis. This includes hosting carrier meetings (office visits, pipelining, etc.) to affected offices.
- At request of Chief Marketing Officer, participate in annual planning meeting with major carriers with the region.
- Monitor key carrier relationships and performance including:
- Performance of each carrier
- Verification that risks are appropriately aligned with carriers
- Monitor wholesale utilization to ensure usage of preferred relationships whenever possible.
- Monitor books of business that are not placed through the centralized marketing team and where appropriate step in to manage or address issues and concerns as they arise.
- Attend Sales Meetings.
- Respond promptly to requests for marketing assistance from other Hub Offices.
- Accountable for deciding when it is appropriate to escalate a risk within an insurance company or to Chief Marketing Officer and/or regional executive management team for their involvement.
- Proactively monitor assigned office(s) submission activity in the marketplace and provide internal or external support as needed in support of HUB's growth and retention goals.
- Proactively monitor procedure utilization (EPIC workflows, Broker Standards) that pertain to the Marketing function and arrange for support/training as needed.
- Working within "Critical Path" process by participating in internal meetings to identify opportunities on affected accounts.
- Includes initiating regularly scheduled, proactive collaboration with CL Director, Producers, CE/AEs on marketing plans/strategy for middle market book to drive accountability with timelines and expectations.
- Support Chief Marketing Officer in identification and management of corporate and region marketing initiatives including wholesale utilization/consolidation, cross sell opportunities, commission review, HUB Programs/MGAs, etc.
- Keep current with industry trends, insurance company changes, coverage developments, carrier appetite information and dissemination to Commercial Lines personnel as necessary.
- Participate and collaborate with Commercial Lines management in establishing aligned goals and strategy.
- Assist Producers in oral presentations to clients and prospects as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
- Seven years' experience in marketing or underwriting with a national or regional broker or carrier.
- Property & Casualty License
- Demonstrated ability to manage middle market property and casualty accounts; effectively market to carriers and customers; develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, prospects and carriers
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lines coverages and markets.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent negotiation, organizational, interpersonal, communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Required Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top