Commercial Insurance Marketer
General Description (SUMMARY, Scope, Purpose)
Under the direction of the CMO and/or Marketing Manager, is responsible for the effective marketing of insurance risks to companies in accordance with the practices, policies and procedures of the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the analysis of line of business and insurance company production trends and make recommendations to correct deficiencies.
- Market all lines of commercial insurance and directly impacts revenue goals through the acquisition of new business and the retention of renewals.
- Underwrite commercial accounts within insurance company delegated underwriting authority, guidelines and procedures.
- Acts as account liaison for the producer in dealing with other departments within Hub International New England for the quoting of specialized lines of coverage.
- Assist producers with pre-underwriting information gathering, coverage analysis and proposal presentations if needed.
- Execute a quality control process for policies and quotations delivered assuring coverage, condition, rating and pricing accuracy.
- Effectively build relationships with insurance company underwriters through a pattern of professional risk submissions, company visitations, events and hard, but fair, negotiations.
- Maintain state of the art knowledge of market underwriting appetite, line of business trends, insurance company changes, rating technique and coverage development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our company utilization strategies by appropriate risk submissions.
- Accurately maintain new business and renewal control logs, which assist the CMO in identifying trends.
The essential duties contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 to 5 years of marketing or underwriting experience
- College or University Degree ( preferred)
- Intermediate to Advanced Level of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of all forms of property and casualty coverage rating.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lines coverages and markets.
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Frequent use of computer monitor, keyboard and telephone
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Able to speak, see and hear other people and / or objects
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These qualifications are considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. If this position requires licensing or certification, the incumbent must maintain that license or certification by meeting all continuing education and other requirements
- Good interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written skills
- Team Player
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to use good judgment
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top