Commercial Insurance Broker
- Montreal, Canada
Totten Insurance Group is growing and we are looking for a dynamic Placement Broker, Commercial Lines for our Totten Montreal Office. We are looking for an experienced Commercial Broker to analyze and review commercial risks to determine acceptability and write insurance for that risk to grow the commercial book of business. This is an ideal role for a commercial marketer with established relationships with insurers. This is a great opportunity to work with specialty markets and work on diverse and complex risks for new and existing business. This role reports to the Regional Director, Quebec.
Choose a career with Totten Insurance Group and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining Totten Insurance Group you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. Totten Insurance Group is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Analyze and review new business submissions, and determine if the risk is one that benefits our partners.
- Communicate and respond to broker inquiries regarding amendments to policies in a diligent manner.
- Review current upcoming renewals for retention and appropriate rate increases, coverage changes, lapses, etc.
- Handling a whole book of business (i.e. taking of inquiries and endorsements with regards to existing policies)
- Perform endorsements as required, to amend risks to the broker's needs.
- Create positive relationships with brokers and insurers, to foster more opportunity and growth.
- Maintain a good understanding and knowledge of marketplace, products, brokerages, and competitors.
- Post-Secondary Education (College or University) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years+ of Commercial marketing experience
- Bilingual in French and English (written and verbal)
- MGA experience an asset
- Commercial Insurance Broker License in Quebec AMF
- CIP Designation or in progress
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in risk selection
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with peers, insurers and brokers
- A strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Strong time management skills, goal oriented, and self-directed
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with TAM broker management
- Travel occasionally for Broker visits and meetings
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity - doing things right every time
Teamwork - working together to maximize results
Accountability - measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
Totten Insurance Group is Canada's leading national MGA provider of niche products and innovative solutions. Providing a diversified suite of customized insurance products and programs, Totten Group is committed to delivering best in class insurance solutions that are not readily available in the marketplace. Totten Group supports over 2,000 independent brokers throughout Canada and is comprised of five divisions including Commercial Casualty, Commercial Property, Hospitality, Personal Lines and Professional Liability. For a complete list of office locations and more information, please visit: www.tottengroup.com at http://www.tottengroup.com/
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Diploma
Back to top