Commercial Insurance Associate
About HUB International:
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual to come join our Commercial Lines team !
Summary of Position
As the Insurance Associate , for our Commercial Insurance Division, you will apply your superior attention to detail and excellent client service skills while working closely with a team of Producers and Marketers on our Commercial accounts. This is an excellent opportunity to grow and learn alongside a team of insurance experts to make a difference for our clients.
- Assist producer and marketer with all aspects of servicing commercial accounts
- Process documentation (Certificates of Insurance, Cover Notes, Renewals, Proposals, Endorsements, In-House Policies, Invoicing, Finance Contracts, Customer Correspondence)
- Review and ensure accuracy of policy documentation from insurers before forwarding to the client
- Contact clients for renewal information
- Update client information as changes occur
- Answer account related questions/requests from clients, lawyers, and banks
- Provide policy and coverage information to clients upon request or inquiry
- Will be assigned some minimal, but regular duties to support the floater position
As the successful candidate you are self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and motivation to support a diverse team. You have a minimum of one year commercial insurance experience as an Insurance Advisor, and a level 2 insurance license.
Skills, characteristics & qualifications:
- Pro-active and a self-starter
- Superior client service and interpersonal skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Work well in a fast paced, client-focused environment
- Motivated to contribute within a team environment
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Typing speed of at least 55 wpm
- Industry designation an asset (CIP, CAIB, CRM, General Insurance & Risk Management Diploma - BCIT)
We offer comprehensive benefits, group RRSP matching, complete tuition / course / certification coverage, and exciting opportunities for advancement.
- Competitive wages
- Flexible work hours
- Complete tuition financing
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth
HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
We invite you to learn more about our team at www.hubinternational.com
Location: Canada, Alberta, Edmonton
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 6-Jul-2018
Back to top