Commercial Insurance Associate
HUB International is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual to come join our commercial lines team!
We are proud to offer competitive compensation along with comprehensive benefits, group RRSP matching, education funding, and exciting opportunities for advancement.
We invite you to learn more about our team at www.hubinternational.com
Summary of Position
As the Insurance Associate, for our Commercial Insurance Division, you will apply your superior attention to detail and excellent client service skills while working closely with a team of Producers and Marketers on our Commercial accounts. This is an excellent opportunity to grow and learn alongside a team of insurance experts to make a difference for our clients.
- Assist producer and marketer with all aspects of servicing commercial accounts
- Process documentation (Certificates of Insurance, Cover Notes, Renewals, Proposals, Endorsements, In-House Policies, Invoicing, Finance Contracts, Customer Correspondence)
- Review and ensure accuracy of policy documentation from insurers before forwarding to the client
- Contact clients for renewal information
- Update client information as changes occur
- Answer account related questions/requests from clients, lawyers, and banks
- Provide policy and coverage information to clients upon request or inquiry
- Will be assigned some minimal, but regular duties to support the floater position
As the successful candidate you are self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and motivation to support a diverse team. You will have a minimum of two years of commercial insurance experience. Preference given to individuals with a level 2 license, but candidates with a level 1, who are willing to obtain a level 2 within a determined time, will be considered.
Skills, characteristics & qualifications:
- Pro-active and a self-starter
- Superior client service and interpersonal skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Work well in a fast paced, client-focused environment
- Motivated to contribute within a team environment
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Typing speed of at least 55 wpm
- Industry designation an asset (CIP, CAIB, CRM, General Insurance & Risk Management Diploma - BCIT)
Headquartered in Chicago, HUB International is a leading North American insurance brokerage that provides a broad array of property and casualty, reinsurance, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk-management products and services through over 400 offices across North America. With over 10,000 employees, HUB International is the largest brokerage in Canada and currently ranked as the 8th largest insurance brokerage in the world.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement.
HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
Location: Canada, British Columbia, Victoria
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 2-Apr-2018
Back to top