Commercial Insurance Account Manager
HUB International's vision is to be the leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry. HUB Atlantic in Saint John is currently looking for a strong Account Manager working in close partnership with their assigned Account Team on Commercial Lines clients. This role is focused on growth and retention of a book of mid-sized businesses across Atlantic Canada and on driving new commercial business. This role can be based in our Saint John, or Fredericton, NB or Halifax, NS office.
This role involves interaction with diverse stakeholders including customers, finance, and other Account Managers. This is a great hands-on sales role for insurance and leadership exposure. Join an entrepreneurial team!
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Work in a team based structure to retain and grow existing commercial portfolios in the Atlantic Region.
- Supporting Account team by researching and analyzing client coverage trends and identifying areas of risk and opportunities along with solutions.
- Acts as escalation for any unresolved outstanding client premiums.
- Account business planning and forecasting.
- Coaching and mentoring Account Team.
- Establish networks and partnerships in the commercial lines insurance space.
- Providing suggestions for continuous improvements in workflows and procedures for sales and service.
- Effective client management.
- Leveraging existing commercial networks to increase business
- Referral of personal lines clients and back up support of Personal Lines portfolios.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, College Diploma, or equivalent work experience
- General Insurance License Required
- CAIB, CIP completed or in progress preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong team player and leadership coaching skills
- Proactive and customer focused approach
- Strong initiative and follow up skills
- Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Balance - balancing corporate duty with personal growth
- Integrity – doing things right every time
- Teamwork – working together to maximize results
- Discipline - focused on goals
- Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB Atlantic offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top