Commercial Account Manager
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development . Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- have a desire to help others protect their future
- have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
As a Commercial Account Manager, you will apply your superior attention to detail and excellent client service skills while working closely with a team of Producers and Marketers on our Commercial accounts. This is an excellent opportunity to grow and learn alongside a team of insurance experts to make a difference for our clients
- Provide exceptional client care as primary customer service contact
- Respond to customer requests directly (or indirectly from the Senior Account Manager/Account Executive and/or Marketer), compiling information and submitting information to appropriate insurance companies and binding coverage where appropriate
- Participate in formal account reviews; assisting in account rounding and working diligently to provide value-added services for clients
- Prepare submissions in Policy Works and EPIC
- Prepare proposals, cover notes, customer correspondence, certificates, and invoices as per agency standards
- Assist Account Teams with various administrative function
- Review and prioritize all assigned tasks on a daily basis including, company mail, emails, abeyances/activities
- Maintain accuracy of electronic files that may be housed in EPIC, Policy Works, Certificate Exchange and physical files as per agency standards
- Manage the Marketing of accounts to include new, renewal, and midterm changes
- Collect data from the client, create an expert submission to be presented, negotiate suitable rates and coverages with company underwriters, present account executives with best programs, and bind coverage.
- Provide training and guidance to new Insurance Advisors on the team
- Other responsibilities as needed
As the successful candidate you are self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to provide measurable deliverables to Account Managers and clients. You have up to ten years of commercial experience as an Insurance Advisor, and a level 2 insurance license.
Skills, characteristics & qualifications:
- Good communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Pro-active and a self-starter
- Commercial bonding experience is required
- Experience with marketing and assisting with client contacts on accounts within the book of business
- Confident to work independently without supervision
- Superior client service, presentation and interpersonal skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Solutions oriented and a critical thinker
- Work well in a fast paced, client-focused environment
- Motivated to contribute within a team environment
We invite you to learn more about our team at www.hubinternational.com!
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Some college (no degree)
Back to top